Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn
We know you’re going to love our air fryer Mexican street corn recipe. What is Mexican street corn or elotes? It’s a popular Mexican street food that is loved by so many and now we have an air fried corn on the cob version, Elotes style. It might be a little messy but the combination of the Mexican crema and Mexican cotija cheese is fantastic. There’s so much to love about mexican street corn because the crispy air fried corn flavors and the creamy cheesy spread makes every single bite amazing. It’s addicting because it’s not just one ear of corn you might eat.
Watch the Video Making Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
How to Air Fry Elotes Mexican Street Corn
These are the perfect appetizer or meal. Seriously, the creamy Elotes cheese mix is addicting. There’s different variations you can use to make the creamy cheese topping for the Elotes. Some recipes like to use all mayo and hot sauce. That’s simple. Our version has flavorful spices and a touch of sour cream. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
For Air Frying the Corn
- 4 ears corn , husked
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter , melted (approximately)
- Kosher salt , to taste on air fried corn
- black pepper , to taste on air fried corn
For Cheese Mixture
- 1/3 cup (80 g) sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup (56 g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (75 g) finely crumbled cotija (or parmesan cheese or feta cheese) plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder , plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (4 g) finely chopped cilantro leaves , and extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 stalks green onions , sliced thin
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- Cut end of corn to fit air fryer basket. If needed for smaller air fryer, cut the corn in half. Coat all sides of the corn with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper around the whole corn.
- Air Fry at 370°F/190°C for 12-16 minutes, flipping half way. Cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned. (Cooking time will depend on size of corn, how full air fryer basket is, & different models/sizes of air fryers)
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer corn to a platter and spoon cheese mixture over the corn. Sprinkle with extra cheese, paprika or chili powder, green onions and/or chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Here’s the recipe to our Elotes grilled version.
Hope you enjoy our air fryer recipe! Here’s some more corn ideas for Summer!