Tender pork loin roast can be enjoyed for dinner but best of all, the leftovers can make great sandwiches for lunch. Another great idea is a delicious chopped salad can be made with chunks of loin roast and all the salad fixings. The key to making a great and easy pork loin roast recipe is time and patience. Taking the time to cook the roast in the oven will result in a great dinner for your family.
Pork loins can also vary in size and thickness. So cooking times will vary greatly, particularly if you bought the tenderloin, which cooks much faster. So cook your loin roast longer if it’s large or thick. If you’re cooking with pork tenderloin, then the cooking times will be quicker. If you are unsure on how long to cook your roast, cook the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F in its thickest part.
Oven Roast Pork Loin Roast with Herbs
Yield: Serves 2-3
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Please see post for more recipe details.
Pork loins can also vary in size and thickness. So cooking times will vary greatly, particularly if you bought the tenderloin, which cooks much faster. Cook the loin roast or pork tenderloin longer if it's large or thick. If you are unsure on how long to cook your particular roast, cook the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F in its thickest part. The higher the temperature, the drier the loin will be, so don't go past 145°F too much if possible.
- 2 pound pork loin roast
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried herb mix ( basil, oregano and/or thyme)
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry pork loin, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and heat for about 1 minute. Sear the pork loin on all sides until a crust forms, about 1 minute per side. Remove pork loin from the pan and set it aside.
- In same hot pan add butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Stir and cook the sauce until the butter is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Coat the pork loin with dried herbs by patting it onto the loin. Place the pork loin back in the skillet and spoon some sauce over the pork loin.
- Cover and pork loin with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove foil, spoon some more sauce over the loin and cook for about another 30 minutes or until the loin interior temperature reaches about 145 degrees.
- Remove pork loin from oven and cover it with foil to let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Slice thin and serve hot.
Recipe Note: If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, the pork loin can be seared on the stovetop on whatever skillet you do have, and then finished in an oven-safe baking dish. It just leaves you with another dish to wash.