Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops
If you love pork chops like we do, you’re in for a real treat with air fried pork chops. Seriously, this recipe for air fryer pork chops is so simple and delicious, you’ll be blown away.
Juicy Air Fried Pork Chops with Less Oil
Pork chops can often be tough and dry. Or sometimes you might be using a lot of oil or butter just to get the chops to be juicy. Well, worry no more about making juicy and easy pork chops. Air fryer pork chops come out juicy, tender and always perfect. We’re obsessed with how little oil is required to make these pork chops tender. When compared to other methods, healthy pork chops in the air fryer is totally possible. We hardly used any oil in these air fried pork chops and they were some of the best we’ve ever had!
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe Video:
Best Pork Chops for Air Fryer
We’ve tried all different cuts of pork chops and they air fry super delicious. But not all pork chops are cut the same and not all air fryers cook the same. Even if it’s the same cut of pork chop, the size and thickness can still vary depending on the market that you buy it from. Best advice we can give you is to air fry one pork chop first. After your first attempt, you will know what the best timing is best for your specific pork chops and model of air fryer. The first air fried pork chop is always the test!
- bone-in pork shoulder steaks (aka pork butt chops, shoulder chops, blade steaks, pork butt steaks): These are our favorite because they’re super flavorful with dark meat and ribbons of fat. When air fried, these pork shoulder chops are tender and juicy. Even if they’re slightly cold, they’re still tender. Also because they’re usually thinner cooking times are less.
- Center cup loin chops (aka loin cut pork chops): for the same reasons as mentioned in the bone-in pork shoulder steaks, these center cut loin chops always air fry to juicy perfection. We love the dark meat and bone-in cuts which always gives more flavor.
- rib chops: they still have an outer layer of dark meat and fat which makes them tender and juicy. They don’t dry out as quick as regular loin chops.
- boneless chops (aka pork loin filets): these are the most lean and less fatty of the cuts and are best if they are brined first. If you don’t eat them right away they can get dry when cold. Also, boneless chops are often sold as thick chops so cooking times will definitely be longer.
What are the Best Air Fryers for Pork Chops?
What are the Best Air Fryers?
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Three 6 ounce (Three 170 g) pork chops , rinsed & patted dry
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) olive oil , or other preferred oil
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- garlic powder , to taste
- smoked paprika , to taste
CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR–> AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Healthy and Super Easy Air Fried Baked Salmon Recipe
- Fantastic oatmeal cream pies desserts!
- This recipe was originally published in 2018. You’ll love our–> Best Pork Recipes!