Baked Stuffed Turkey Breast with Bacon & Veggies
Baked Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
Baked stuffed turkey breast is the perfect dish for a weeknight dinner or Thanksgiving. In fact, it’s easy to make and delicious for anytime of year! It’s so juicy and satisfying, you’ll want to make this more often for family supper. When the bacon filling gets cooked inside the turkey breast, the flavor and juices impart. Thus, the wonderful tasting and texture of the stuffed turkey breast is super delicious. Another fantastic thing about our stuffed turkey breast is that it’s low carb. All the ingredients like the bacon, spinach or kale and cheese are low carb for the perfect Keto-friendly meal. There’s some onion in the stuffing and you can remove the onion if you want to make this super low carb. This is definitely a healthy baked stuffed turkey breast for the whole family. And for those who aren’t counting calories, serve this with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. It’s the perfect dinner or Thanksgiving feast for a smaller group.
Video: Baked Stuffed Turkey Breast with Bacon, Kale/Spinach
How to Cook a Baked Stuffed Turkey Breast:
- Pound the de-boned turkey breast about 1/2″ thick. Lay the turkey breast skin-side down.
- Add filling to the turkey breast and roll. Tie the breast to keep its shape.
- More stuffed turkey breast with bacon recipe and detailed instructions in the photo collage and written recipe box below.
Baked Stuffed Turkey Breast “Roll” with Bacon, Spinach/Kale & Parmesan
If not using bacon, replace with 2 Tablespoons oil or butter.
Try to keep the skin-on turkey because it keeps the meat moist during cooking. Make sure to have a kitchen thermometer on hand to check temperature to ensure it’s cooked. Please Read our written write up for all the helpful step-by-step photos.
- 4 slices (4 slices) bacon , cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 oz (113 g) mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 (1/2 ) small onion , small dice
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic , minced
- 2 cups (480 ml) chopped fresh kale or spinach (if frozen use 1 cup, thawed, then squeeze out water)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried thyme , oregano or rosemary (or 1/2 Tablespoon fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried sage or 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 cup (25 g) shredded parmesan cheese , or preferred cheese
- Two 1.5 lb. (680g) deboned turkey breasts
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
Make the Filling:
- Heat pan add bacon and cook until fat releases and bacon starts to become crispy. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms shrink and release moisture.
- Add kale/spinach and cook until soft or wilted. Add dried herbs, salt and pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in cheese and set filling aside.
Prepare the turkey:
- Place plastic wrap on top of each turkey breast and pound them each thinner and into an even thickness, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place the pounded turkey breast skin side down. Lay the filling on top of turkey breast. Fold one edge of turkey breast over to create a roll. Tie turkey breasts to hold the shape.
- Season top of tied breasts with additional salt and pepper. Place the stuffed breast skin side-up in the baking pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F at turkey meat thickest part. Allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Here’s our–> Air Fried Version of this Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe:
Here’s more great turkey breast recipes to enjoy.