Roast Pork with Caramelized Onion Gravy
This delicious pork roast recipe with caramelized onion gravy is perfect for Sunday Supper! For that reason alone, it’s worth making this oven pork roast to share with friends and family.
How to Cook Pork Roast in the Oven?
First of all, we have to say that we love our pork roasts. Second of all, we have so many great pork roast recipes for you guys. Our technique on how to cook pork roast is the full recipe below. In a few simple steps, you have a delicious pork roast dinner. From our simple oven roast pork recipe, to an instant pot version, there’s so many possibilities for this great cut of meat. This version is our popular herb pork roast with a new caramelized onion gravy. It’s wicked delicious and you’re a gravy lover, you’ll obsess over this caramelized onion gravy. Everything about this is quick, simple and utterly delicious. The pork roast is juicy and tender because the caramelized gravy is rich, flavorful and perfect with the slices of pork roast.
Video: Roast Pork Recipe with Onion Gravy:
As a result, it’s not hard to to eat a double serving, especially if you add a side of roast potatoes or even a baked potato. Just lather the caramelized onion gravy over the baked potato and you have a wonderful meal that’s quick and easy for those busy weeknights. Finally, this is a great roast pork recipe to make for Sunday Supper or for a great dinner occasion when everyone is craving pork tenderloin. Here’s our complete list of all our popular–> pork recipes. Click Here for more of our Pork Recipes and Instant Pot Recipes and Slow Cooker Recipes.
Roast Pork Loin with Onion Gravy
For the pork loin:
- 2 pounds (907 g) pork loin roast
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Tablespoons (90 g) unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) dried herb mix ( basil, oregano and/or thyme)
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
For the onion gravy:
- 1 large onion , diced
- 1/4 cup (30 g) flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse and pat dry pork loin, and then season with salt and pepper.
- MAKE THE PORK LOIN: Heat a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and then sear the pork loin on all sides until a crust forms, about 1 minute per side. Remove pork loin from the pan and set it aside. Coat the pork loin with dried herbs by patting it onto the loin.
- Turn off heat and remove pan from the heat. In same hot pan add butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Stir the sauce until the butter is completely melted. Place the pork loin back in the skillet and spoon some sauce over the pork loin.
- Cover the pork loin with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove foil, spoon some more sauce over the loin and cook for about another 30 minutes or until the interior temperature reaches about 140°F.
- Remove cooked pork loin skillet from oven. Remove the pork loin from the skillet and cover the pork with foil to let it rest for about 15 minutes (make the gravy while the pork is resting). (Don't clean the skillet, you'll need it for the next step in making the gravy.)
- MAKE THE GRAVY: Heat the same skillet with the pork drippings on medium-high heat. Skim off any crust chunks in the drippings. Add onions and cook until golden and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, whisking to remove lumps. Gradually whisk in the broth until incorporated and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (the saltiness and flavors will concentrate some when it reduces down).
- Reduce heat to medium, stirring often, simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes depending on your preferred thickness. Check for seasoning and salt again if needed. Slice pork loin and serve hot with the onion gravy.
Click Here for –> Instant Pot Pork Loin Recipe with Veggies and Gravy
Hope you enjoy this oven pork roast recipe. You’ll love more of our pork recipes that are perfect for Supper:
- Here’s our –> Delicious Pork Chops with Garlic Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Try our –> Milk Braised Pork Chops with Yummy Mustard Sauce
- This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2020. And here’s a great Asian Pulled Pork Recipe Here.
- You’ll love –> Our Simple Oven Roast Pork Loin with Herbs