Simple Oven Roast Pork Tenderloin Roast
This easy oven roast pork tenderloin recipe is a reader favorite! The herbs and sauce make it extra flavorful. It’s the perfect Sunday Supper meal for the family. Our recipe is also great for holidays.
Easy Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Tender pork loin roast can be enjoyed for dinner but best of all, the leftovers can make great sandwiches for lunch. Another great idea is a delicious chopped salad can be made with chunks of this oven roast and all the salad fixings. The key to making a great and easy pork tenderloin roast recipe is time and patience. It’s one of those easy dinners that can serve as many people as you need and everyone will be satisfied, especially when you add the extra sauce on top of the pork loin.
Watch Video: Oven Roast Pork Tenderloin Recipe:
How are Pork Tenderloin and Pork Loins Different?
There’s a few things to think about when making roast pork tenderloin vs pork loins. Don’t confuse these two cuts. They vary in size and thickness. So you’ll have to be flexible and adjust cooking times depending on the size of the pork.
- Tenderloins are thinner and more tender, thus the “tender”. They cook quicker than regular pork loins. They are usually also smaller, ranging from 1-2 pounds.
- Pork loins are thicker and often times more lean, thus resulting in a tougher cut of meat if you overcook it.
- Cooking times will vary greatly, particularly if you bought the tenderloin, which cooks much faster. So cook your loin roast longer if it’s large or thick. If you’re cooking with pork tenderloin, then the cooking times will be quicker.
- If you are unsure on how long to cook your roast, cook the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F in its thickest part.
- Hope you enjoy our oven roast pork loin recipe with your family. It’s a great dish when paired with simple veggies or even a backed potato! More Oven Roast Recipes, Soup and Stew Recipes, Appetizer Recipes
How to Roast Pork Tenderloin Recipe in Oven
- Try to bring your pork out of the fridge about 1 hour before cooking. Allowing the pork to slightly come to room temperature will allow the center to cook more evenly.
- Searing the outside of the pork tenderloin or pork loin on a hot skillet will help keep the juices in. Thus, a more tender center.
- Invest in a thermometer. This will allow you to monitor the internal temperature of the pork accurately.
- Use your favorite seasonings. There’s so many possibilities for making your pork flavorful.
- The rest of the pork tenderloin recipe details on how to make pork roast are in the recipe box below. Enjoy!
- Here’s our complete list of all our popular–> pork recipes.
Oven Roast Pork Tenderloin Roast with Herbs
- 2 pounds (910 g) raw pork tenderloin roast
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons (85 g) butter
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) dried herb mix ( basil, oregano and/or thyme)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Rinse and pat dry pork tenderloin, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and heat for about 1 minute. Sear the pork loin on all sides until a crust forms, about 1 minute per side. Remove pork from the pan and set it aside.
- Turn off heat and remove pan from the heat. In same hot pan add butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Stir the sauce until the butter is completely melted.
- Coat the pork tenderloin with dried herbs by patting it onto the loin. Place the pork back in the skillet and spoon some sauce over the pork loin.
- Cover the pork tenderloin with foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, spoon some more sauce over the loin and cook for about another 30 minutes or until the loin interior temperature reaches about 145°F/63°C.
- Remove pork from oven and cover it with foil to let it rest for about 15 minutes. Slice thin and serve hot.
Nutrition Information per Serving
More Easy Recipes:
- Click Here for our popular –> Easy Herbed Pot Roast Recipe with Caramelized Onion Gravy
- Our popular–> Instant Pot Pork Roast with Vegetables and Gravy Recipe
- You’ll love –> Skillet Pork Chops with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Here’s a delicious recipe for milk braised pork chops recipe.
- Roast pork with caramelized onion gravy
- Oven roast garlic pork chops
- Air fryer pork chops
- Pork loin in the air fryer
- This pork tenderloin recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published with updated video.