Air Fryer Pork Loin or Tenderloin
Air Fryer Pork Loin is amazing, we’re obsessed. Air frying this is the perfect portion for 2-4 people. We also have time and temperature for air fryer pork tenderloin too!
Air Fryer Pork Loin or Pork Tenderloin
After testing pork loin and tenderloins with different cooking methods, one of our favorite ways is air frying them. If you’re cooking with a small loin or tenderloin, the results are a juicy pork roast in the air fryer. These air fried pork loin roasts are delicious and juicy on the inside. The hot circulating air cooks and sears the outside of the roasts perfectly while cooking the interior to juicy perfection. After you cook your first roast, you’ll know more about what your preferred timing is on your specific air fryer model.
How to Air Fry Pork Loin or Pork Tenderloin
- We discuss the difference between the two cuts below.
- Timing: Loins are thicker than tenderloins and will cook a little longer to cook all the way through. But if you like your pork loin a little more rare in the middle, then use a thermometer to reach the optimal pork temperature. This discussion is very helpful.
- Cut slits across the loins for more even cooking.
- Check on the pork often and using a thermometer is the best way to ensure it’s cooked to your preferred texture.
- Use different spice rubs or if you have a favorite blend that’s great too.
What’s the Difference Between a Pork Loin or Pork Tenderloin?
Size and thickness are two main indicators between these two popular cuts of meat. Loins are thicker while tenderloins are thinner and longer. Also, the tenderness factor is a big difference between the two. Here’s a great explanation about how they are different.
Check out more of our air fryer recipes here.
Air Fryer Pork Loin With Carrots, Potatoes and Onion Gravy
FOR THE PORK LOIN:
- 2 pound (907 g) pork loin
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) dried herbs
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon (2.5-5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) potatoes , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large carrot , cut into 1” cubes
FOR THE OPTIONAL GRAVY:
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) cold broth (beef, pork, chicken or vegetable)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Cut 1/2” deep slits on the fatty top of the pork loin.
- In large bowl combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Whisk ingredients together. Add pork loin, potatoes and carrots to the marinade. Stir to coat everything evenly.
- Lay the pork loin fat side down in the air fryer basket/tray. Add the potatoes and carrots evenly around the pork loin.
- Air Fry at 370°F for 30 minutes, flipping pork halfway through, and stirring the vegetables.
- After 30 minutes, if the vegetables are cooked to your liking, remove them at this point. Continue Air Frying at 370°F for another 10-15 minutes or until the pork loin is cooked to your preferred doneness or and the center temperature reaches 145-160°F.
Optional Onion Gravy
- While pork is cooking, make the gravy: Heat large skillet on medium heat. Melt the butter and add onions. Cook onions until golden and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Stir onions often so they don’t burn.
- Whisk together flour and cold broth until well combined. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Add the broth with the flour to the skillet with the caramelized onions. Cook until it just starts to simmer gently.
- Reduce heat to Medium-Low, stirring often, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes depending on your preferred thickness. Check for seasoning and salt again if needed.
- When pork and vegetables are finished cooking, transfer them to a platter and cover. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve warm with gravy on top.
Pork tenderloin is smaller than a pork loin and won’t take as longer to cook.? For a 1-pound tenderloin, you don’t need to score the top. After the marinade, Air Fry at 370°F for 30-35 minutes, flipping pork tenderloin and stirring the vegetables halfway through. Cook to your preferred doneness or until center temperature reaches 145-160°F. If the veggies cook quicker, pull them out earlier.