Sesame Chicken & Zucchini Stir-Fry
Zucchini Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
This chicken stir fry recipe is flavorful and fresh with slices of zucchini. With flavors of sesame oil and other spices to make it a simple sesame Asian chicken recipe that’s perfect for weeknights or when you have chicken and zucchini left in the fridge. What makes this sesame chicken a healthy chicken recipe is using boneless skinless chicken breast. But for those of you who prefer brown meat, you can use chicken thighs. It’s also the perfect ground chicken recipe if you’re a fan of cooking with healthy ground chicken. For more flavor, add additional soy sauce or oyster sauce. The ingredients that are listed below can be flexible and changed to your liking. For a more sesame chicken flavor, you add more sesame oil, one teaspoon at a time. But just be careful to not make it too oily with the sesame oil. And another option we like to add is extra garlic and fresh minced ginger. It’s fun to experiment with sauces and spices when cooking with chicken stir fry recipes.
tender zucchini or summer squash is best!
Watch the video for making the Sesame Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry:
Sesame Chicken Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs , cut into bite size pieces (or you can use ground chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Soy Sauce , or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Oyster Sauce
- 2 zucchini , sliced thin
- 1/2 Tablespoon (8ml) toasted sesame seeds (about)
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped Cilantro
- Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add oil, then garlic. Cook garlic until translucent and fragrant, then add chicken.
- Cook chicken for about 2 minutes, then add sesame seed oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and oyster sauce.Cook mixture for about another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds, ground black pepper and chopped cilantro.