Grilled greek chicken sandwiches for lunch anyone?
Our previous 20 minute greek salad recipe was such a hit, we couldn’t stop making it, meaning 3 days in a row. Geez, if there was a delicious and easy salad recipe to add to a potluck, our greek salad is it. Now we’ve added it to other recipe variations that can be enjoyed in different ways. Voila! Our version of a fantastic grilled greek chicken sandwich that’s got a juicy grilled chicken breast and topped with our popular greek salad. It’s a grilled greek chicken sandwich that everyone loved for lunch. We were all loving it so much and it’s definitely now on our roster of everyday sandwich lunches. You can serve the grilled greek chicken filling in so many other things. It doesn’t need to be between a burger bun. Pita bread, gyro flatbread, tortillas, baguette, you name it and choose your outside wrap! The possibilities are endless and the flavors are outstanding. We marinate the chicken in a quick and easy marinade that’s loaded with flavor. Grill the chicken to a nice crispy char and the flavors blend perfectly together with the cool, crisp and tangy greek salad. It’s such a refreshing salad, the flavors are clean, bright and delicious. It’s definitely a lighter option to a great lunch sandwich because we don’t add any mayo or extra cheese. But you can certainly add what ever your heart desires. More great–> Sandwich & Burger Recipes and –> Healthy Salad Recipes and –> Chicken Recipes.
Top the chicken sandwich with our amazing greek salad!
Video of Grilled Greek Chicken Sandwich
Grill the greek chicken to perfection!
Click Here for –> All our Amazing Sandwich Recipes
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Some days we just need to keep the little things contained on the grill. Throw them all into a basket and grill from there. Easy-peasy.
- 1 pound (455g) chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) salt, or to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 3-4 burger buns
- Lettuce and other burger condiments
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 large cucumber (or 3-4 small cucumbers), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes , diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) diced red onion
- 3/4 cup (180ml) pitted black kalamata olives, halved
- 4 ounces (113g) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped parsley
In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and dill). Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley. Gently stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Set aside.
In bowl or plastic bag combine chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir together or shake the bag to make sure all the marinade gets evenly mixed and coated over the chicken. For best flavor, marinade the chicken for at least 25 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the grill and grill the chicken breasts on both sides until cooked.
- Assemble the sandwich: Add chicken and top with the greek salad between two buns or your choice of bread. Add a beer, grab some friends and enjoy!