Our Avocado Egg Salad is one of our most popular lunch recipes! Our readers love this for lunch or anytime of day.
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
You’re going to love this creamy avocado version of the classic egg salad. Everywhere we turn, creamy and ripe avocados recipes are popping up everywhere. Aside from our favorite avocado guacamole recipe, we love smashing avocados or adding chunks of delicious avocado into our egg salads. Why not? It’s such a treat to enjoy a simple egg salad recipe that’s studded with so much flavor and texture on crackers or toast. Even added to sliders make a great vegetarian avocado slider dish. Our recipe is a perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch waiting to happen.You can adapt this recipe by adding it to your favorite classic egg salad recipe or using our recipe below. Our recipe is pretty decadent and calls for a medium-large ripe avocado. But if you want to still maintain the integrity of the salad, then consider using a smaller one.
Video of our Delicious Recipe:
Extra flavor options are adding a touch of curry powder. Wow, this is really good! A bit of curry powder with soy sauce and paprika amp this up to an extraordinary egg salad sandwich. Even added as a big mound on top of a pile of delicious lettuce greens and your favorite salad dressing makes a fantastic green salad for lunch! And if you’re planning a brunch menu, this dish is perfect for brunch! serve it with crackers or on the side and it’s everyone favorite brunch recipe that’s super easy to make. You can literally make a big tub of it the day before and everyone will dive in and fall in love with something totally different than just your regular everyday egg salad.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 7-8 (7 ) hard boiled eggs , chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher or sea salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin and paprika (optional)
- 1 medium-large (1 medium-large) ripe avocado , chopped small
- In bowl, combine eggs, mayo, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, mustard and optional spices. Gently combine well.
- Add chopped avocado and combine into egg salad mixture. Smash the avocado to your desired texture.
- Serve with crackers or bread.