Sesame Green Bean Stir Fry Recipe
This green bean stir fry recipe is super easy! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Green Beans Stir Fry Recipe
Green beans are one of the best loved vegetables and they always seem to please even the pickiest of eaters. Take for instance, creamed green beans for the holidays. It seems to be one of the most requested dishes for the holiday table that everyone enjoys. How can you not love green beans in a creamy sauce? It’s definitely a household favorite.
Stir fried vegetables are also another way to get veggie haters to eat their greens. With the added flavors of garlic, fresh ginger and hint of sesame, each green bean is flavored to perfection.
Watch the Video – Sesame Green Bean Stir Fry – No need for Chinese take out tonight:
How to Serve these Vegetables
Add these veggies on rice, pasta or even on top of a green salad. It’s even wonderful eaten on its own as a healthy vegetable recipe or low carb vegetable dish. It’s a great alternative to the holidays when you’re needing a vegetable side dish to share. With so much rich dishes during the holidays, it’s refreshing and nice to have a vegetable dish that isn’t laden with cheese.
Another option that readers ask for this recipe is if you can add meat. Yes, you definitely can! You can stir fry in some chicken breast, ground pork or ground beef. Shrimp is also awesome for anyone who loves seafood! This recipe is so flexible that you can make it multiple times a week and probably not get tired of it.
It’s definitely worth a try because when the season is bursting with green beans, it’s great to have different options so that you can indulge in one of the best vegetables of the season!
Recipe note: If making this for vegetarians, make sure to use Vegetarian Oyster Sauce. Regular oyster sauce is traditionally made with oysters (hence the name).
start with the freshest and most tender green beans you can find
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and was updated with a new video in 2016.
Sesame Green Beans Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) sesame seed oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce , or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) oyster sauce *see head note
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) water
For Green Beans
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1 pound (455g) green beans , cut into 2" pieces
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- salt , to taste if needed
- (optional toppings) sesame seeds, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped Thai basil, chopped fresh mint
- In bowl combine the garlic, sesame seed oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, water. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add the oil, then the green beans. Saute for about 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until nearly tender (timing will depend on size & freshness of green beans, and preferred texture.)
- Stir in the sauce mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly and coats the green beans nicely.Season with black pepper and salt, if needed, to taste. Finish with any desired toppings. Serve warm.