Spicy Garlic Buffalo Chicken Wings
These spicy garlic chicken wings are a reader favorite and perfect for game day or tailgating.
Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
Classic spicy chicken buffalo wings have a few simple ingredients and devoted wing aficionados rarely stray from the original spicy chicken wing concept. But we’re here to break a few rules and toss in some fresh garlic because we love garlic and it’s nice to mix things up from time to time. A nice fragrance of garlic adds a wonderful layer of extra flavor and will bring smiles to everyone’s faces, particularly to those who love garlic.
Video: Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
Don’t Burn the Garlic
As the minced garlic cooks in the melted butter, try to cook the garlic until it just begins to crisp up, but not burnt. No one likes burnt garlic taste, so be cautious. and experiment with more or less paprika for that pop of spice. This recipe can but used with any type of hot sauce, try variations with Franks Original hot sauce, tabasco sauce, sriracha hot sauce or maybe an Asian style chili garlic sauce. What ever you decide to you, these this buffalo wing recipe will be fantastic.
Make Ahead Sauce
You can make the sauce ahead of time. If you like extra sauce, make sure to make a double batch because it’s that good! You can also use the sauce on other dishes like vegetables or chicken breast, thighs.
Spicy Garlic Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds (907 g) Chicken Wings
- 1/2 cup (125 g) all purpose flour *if frying
- 1/2 cup (65 g) corn starch *if frying
- Vegetable Oil *if baking for coating wings
- Kosher Salt or sea Salt , to taste (for chicken wings)
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste (for chicken wings)
- 1/4 cup (57 g) Butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) Garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Soy Sauce
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste (for sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Franks Original Hot Sauce , Sriracha Hot Sauce or any hot sauce, to taste
- Pat dry chicken wings. If desired, cut wings into wingettes and drumette pieces. Add wings in a large bowl. Season wings liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For Baking the Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat chicken wings with the vegetable oil. Spread chicken wings on baking sheet pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
For Frying the Chicken Wings
- In bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Coat chicken wings with flour mixture.
- Heat oil about 1” deep in large skillet to 350-375° F.
- Gently place wings in hot oil in batches so they don’t crowd each other and stick together. Fry wings on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken wings from oil and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Make the Spicy Garlic Sauce
- In medium sauce pan melt the butter, then add minced garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and lightly browned, but not burnt.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, smoked paprika and hot sauce to the sauce mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes or until sauce is combined well. Remove from heat.
- When wings are cooked, add them to large bowl and toss with the spicy garlic sauce. Coat all wings evenly with sauce.Serve warm, with sides of celery sticks, carrot sticks or blue cheese dip.
More Easy Recipes
- Can’t decide to fry or bake your buffalo wings? –> Here’s a discussion.
- Click Here for —> More Chicken Wing Recipes
- Amazing — Maple Bacon Bourbon Chicken Wings Recipe
- Fabulous –> Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- Easy Amazing –> Easy Queso Cheese Dip Recipe
- Devour our –> Best Game Day Recipes!
- BEST RECIPE–> AIR FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH NO OIL
Originally published in January 2013, this recipe is shared again in 2018 with a new video! Check out our Facebook page.