Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Our sheet pan chicken fajitas are perfect for Taco Tuesday or Burrito Wednesday. You guys are the best and thanks for loving our skillet chicken fajitas recipe so much. With all the great response on our Facebook page, we’ve made another version for the oven! This is a baked recipe that is just as delicious as our skillet recipe, but it’s baked in the oven. So many of you love and ask for more sheet pan recipes so here’s one for you guys! This amazing Mexican meal is super duper easy. Just prep all your ingredients ahead of time and when it comes time for a quick weeknight Mexican dinner, this is it! Heat the oven as soon as you come home, toss together the chopped bell peppers, chicken, onions and marinade. Transfer it all to a sheet pan, pop it in the oven and you have a wonderful dinner for the family.
Video: Recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Great for Tacos, Burritos, Nachos or Salad
You can serve these baked chicken fajitas in tacos, in burritos or on top of a crisp green salad for a great low carb meal. Everything about this chicken fajitas recipe was a hit in our test kitchen. The flavors were excellent. What makes it super fun is if you have a chicken fajitas bar with all the tortillas and trimmings such as sour cream, guacamole, salsas, cheese and tortilla chips. It’s a perfect cinco de mayo recipe too because everyone loves chicken fajitas for ciao de mayo!
Click Here for More–> Mexican Recipes and Sheet Pan/Skillet/One-Pan Recipes
Here’s a great chicken mole recipe that you might like. This Baked Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with a new video.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) boneless skinless Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs , sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Grape Seed Oil or Vegetable Oil , for marinade
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (3.75 ml) Kosher Salt or Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons (5 ml) Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Lime Juice or Lemon Juice
- 1 (1 ) Onion , sliced
- 2 (2 ) bell peppers , sliced
- 1 (1 ) medium jalapeño pepper , seeded and chopped (optional)
- Flour or corn tortillas for gluten free
- shredded cheese , optional
- sour cream , optional
- salsa - Here's a recipe for fresh salsa
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Make marinade In large bowl, combine, oil, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sugar and lime/lemon juice.
- Lay chicken, onion, bell peppers and jalapeño on sheet pan. Pour marinade and toss together to evenly coat chicken, onions and peppers. Spread everything out in an even layer.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until everything is cooked (times will vary depending on how thick you cut the chicken).
- Serve with corn or flour tortilla, cheese, sour cream or fresh salsa.