Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
This air fryer buffalo wings recipe is so simple, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make these chicken wings in the air fryer more often. Within minutes, you can make a batch crispy and flavorful air fried buffalo wings. Let’s get started!
Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Wings Recipe
What makes these buffalo wings in the air fryer so easy is that it takes about 25 minutes for a pound of wings. If you’re making 2 pounds it might take 35 minutes. But it all depends on how big your air fryer is and how much you and cook in a single layer.
For the buffalo wing sauce, you can use your favorite bottle or brand. Or you can make a quick homemade batch and customize your flavors.
There’s two ways to coat your wings with sauce. Both are simple and work for small portions or bigger portions for parties.
- Bottled Sauce or Pre-pared Sauce: You can buy your favorite bottle of buffalo wing sauce or any type of pre-pared sauce. There’s so many different kinds out there to enjoy.
- Homemade sauce is easily made with Franks Hot Sauce or Tabasco hot sauce. Either will worth fine. The franks hot sauce is more vinegar based and slightly sour. Where as if you use Tabasco, it’s slightly less vinegary. Recipe details are below.
- Try a mix of buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing. Creamy buffalo wing sauce is delicious! Our appetizer recipes are great!
Hot Sauces Perfect for Making Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
Video: Air Fryer Buffalo Wings Recipe
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Make sure to have the drumette and wingette/tip cut separately. Here’s a description of the chicken wing parts.
- When air frying the wings, make sure they are in a single layer in your air fryer basket or rack. Don’t stack them as they will not cook as evenly nor crispy.
- About 1-2 minutes before you take out the cooked wings, you can brush some buffalo sauce on them. Cooking the sauce on the wings for about a minute or two then air frying will make the wings a little more flavorful. But make sure to not over cook the sauce on the wings or else they will burn. After you take out the wings, you can brush more sauce on.
- There’s many different models and styles of air fryer. They all cook a little differently. After you cook your first batch, you’ll know the best cooking time for your specific air fryer and personal taste.
- All air fried buffalo wings recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Tips on R
For best results, microwave your cooked buffalo wings if you take them straight out of the fridge. Microwaving them for about 2-3 minutes in the microwaves heats the wings without drying them out too much. Then place them in the air fryer and re-heat at 375°F for about 3-5 minutes OR until they become crispy. Air frying the wings after microwaving will make then crispy on the outside and still warm on the inside without drying out.
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 1 lb. (454 g) chicken wings
- Kosher salt , or sea salt, to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- garlic powder , to taste & optional
- Make the Sauce: Whisk together the melted butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire or soy sauce, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- If needed, pat dry the chicken wings. Season with salt, pepper, and optional garlic powder. Lay wings in single layer in air fryer basket/rack.
- Air Fry the wings at 400°F/205°C for 20-30 minutes or until crispy and cooked through. Flip the wings over after the first 15 minutes of cooking. Depending on how many wings you are cooking, you might need to flip the wings an additional time while cooking so they’ll air fry evenly.
- For a little more flavor, brush a little sauce on wings about 2 minutes before you pull them out. Then air fry for another 1-2 minutes. Don’t air fry the sauced wings too long or else the sauce will burn. You’ll add more sauce on before serving, or you can just toss or dip the fully cooked wings in the sauce right before serving.
- For final serving, allow the wings to cool a bit before adding them into the homemade buffalo sauce. The sauce will cling less to super hot wings because the hot wings melt the butter. So if the wings are slightly cooler, the homemade sauce will cling more. If you’re using bottled sauce, then you can coat the super hot wings and the sauce will still stick. Toss the wings with the buffalo sauce and serve.
- Shake or turn the wings several times for even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
- If cooking with the a sauce, it is added in just at the end, otherwise it will usually burn before the chicken wings are cooked.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the following batches may take less time to cook because the Air Fryer is already fully at temperature.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the wings for even cooking.
Nutrition Information per Serving
More Easy Chicken Wing Recipes
- Honey mustard chicken wings
- Different ways on how to cook chicken wings
- Simple air fryer chicken wings
- Buffalo wings recipe with an awesome homemade sauce
- Air Fryer garlic parmesan wings KETO
- Here’s all our chicken wing recipes
- Crispy garlic salt and pepper wings
- Healthy Poached wings and more popular wings