Garlic chicken wings are an all time favorite appetizer. Whether it’s Game Day, Holidays, Birthdays or Party days, everyone loves a great batch of chicken wings.
Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
There’s so many options for chicken wings because a lot of times it’s all about the sauces. We have some stellar sauced-up chicken wing recipes that readers love, but this time we wanted to develop a recipe that was delicious even if it didn’t have any sauce. Voila, the answer is in these crispy garlic salt and pepper chicken wings recipe. It’s all about the crunchy texture in these popular salt and pepper chicken wings. First of all, we amped it up by adding garlic salt instead of just regular salt. The garlic flavors combined with the fresh cracked black pepper is sublime.
Video: Try These Awesome Wings
Crispy Fried and Amazing
Secondly, we fried these little beauties to a crunchy, fabulous crisp! Sure you can bake them like we have in so many of our recipes for chicken wings. Yeah, they might be a little lighter on the calories when cooked in the oven, but we decided to ignore the healthy and go for the delicious. Wow, these wings are amazing when they’ve cooled off a bit when taken out of the hot oil. The garlic salt and pepper marinade on the chicken wings is fantastic and with so much flavor there, we didn’t need any dips. But you can always add ranch dressing or your favorite dip if you want. Rest assured, bring out a big platter of these beauties and everyone will devour them so quick, no one will even miss any dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Click here for more of our amazing –> Chicken Wing Recipes . We taste tested so many wings that are baked vs. fried. Click here to read about our results and what methods we used to create mouth watering crunchy and stick chicken wings!
Garlic Salt and Pepper Wings
- 2 pounds (907 g) chicken wings , split
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) garlic salt (approximately)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh cracked black pepper (approximately)
- 1/2 cup (65 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (65 g) corn starch
- Oil for frying
- Kosher salt , to taste (you can also use more garlic salt)
- Ground black pepper , to taste (preferably fresh ground)
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. If desired, cut wings into wingettes and drumette pieces. Add wings in a large bowl. Season wings liberally with garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Coat chicken wings with flour mixture.
For Frying the Chicken Wings
- Heat oil about 1” deep in large skillet to 350-375° F.
- Gently place wings in hot oil in batches so they don’t crowd each other and stick together. Fry wings on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken wings from oil and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
For Baking the Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay chicken wings on baking sheet pan. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, OR until golden and cooked through (cooking times will vary depending on the size of your wings).
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.
Here’s more great sauces to try on your wings!