Crispy Garlic Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
Garlic chicken wings are an all time favorite appetizer. Whether it’s Game Day, Holidays, Birthdays or Party days, everyone loves a great batch of chicken wings.
Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
There’s so many options for chicken wings because a lot of times it’s all about the sauces. We have some stellar sauced-up chicken wing recipes that readers love, but this time we wanted to develop a recipe that was delicious even if it didn’t have any sauce. Voila, the answer is in these crispy garlic salt and pepper chicken wings recipe. It’s all about the crunchy texture in these popular salt and pepper chicken wings. First of all, we amped it up by adding garlic salt instead of just regular salt. The garlic flavors combined with the fresh cracked black pepper is sublime. Wow, these wings are amazing when they’ve cooled off a bit when taken out of the hot oil.
Video: Video Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
How to Make Garlic Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings Delicious
- Deep Frying for best texture: What makes these wings so crispy is that we deep fried these little beauties to a crunchy, fabulous crisp! The extra calories is worth the crunchy texture.
- Bake? Sure you can bake the garlic chicken wings like we have in so many of our recipes for chicken wings. Yeah, they might be a little lighter on the calories when cooked in the oven, but we decided to ignore the healthy and go for the delicious.
- The garlic salt and pepper marinade on the chicken wings is fantastic and with so much flavor there, we didn’t need any dips.
- Other dips: But you can always add ranch dressing or your favorite dip if you want. BBQ sauce, sriracha mayo and honey mustard are other dip options.
- Rest assured, bring out a big platter of these beauties and everyone will devour them so quick, no one will even miss any dipping sauce. Enjoy! All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Can you Freeze Wings? How to Re-heat?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken wings once they’re cooked. To re-heat, just take them out to thaw in the fridge for a day. If needed, microwave them a bit to warm them on the inside. Then air fry them or bake them at 350 for about 5 minutes, OR until they are crispy to your liking.
What To Serve on Wings Appetizer Plate?
- carrots and celery
- cucumber slices or radish slices
- different dips like ranch, bbq, spicy sriracha or honey mustard
- tortilla chips or potato chips
Garlic Salt and Pepper Wings
- 2 pounds (907 g) chicken wings , split
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) garlic salt (approximately)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh cracked black pepper (approximately)
- 1/2 cup (65 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (65 g) corn starch
- Oil for frying
- Kosher salt , to taste (you can also use more garlic salt)
- Ground black pepper , to taste (preferably fresh ground)
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. If desired, cut wings into wingettes and drumette pieces. Add wings in a large bowl. Season wings liberally with garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Coat chicken wings with flour mixture.
For Frying the Chicken Wings
- Heat oil about 1” deep in large skillet to 350-375° F.
- Gently place wings in hot oil in batches so they don’t crowd each other and stick together. Fry wings on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken wings from oil and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
For Baking the Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay chicken wings on baking sheet pan. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, OR until golden and cooked through (cooking times will vary depending on the size of your wings).
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
You’ll Love these Game Day Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
- Chili Cheese Hot Dog Pizza
- “Healthier” Crispy Baked Tabasco Chicken Wings
- Click here for more of our amazing –> Chicken Wing Recipes .
- We taste tested so many wings that are baked vs. fried. Click here to read about our results and what methods we used to create mouth watering crunchy and sticky chicken wings!
- This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos. Here’s more great sauces to try on your wings!