Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms
This juicy air fryer steak bites recipe in the air fryer is one of our favorite dinners, ever! It’s also a reader favorite and with flavorful mushrooms is an added bonus. But if you don’t like mushrooms, just cook the air fried steak tips to your personal liking.
Easy Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
Wow, it’s so delicious and such an easy air fried steak bites recipe or steak tips recipe that you’ll be obsessed with. Add some garlic mushrooms to the steak and dinner is served! Cutting the steak into bites makes it quicker to cook in the air fryer and best of all, there’s lots of crispy edges. It’s a fantastic air fried steak recipe that can make even the most inexpensive cut of beef taste wonderful! And what if you don’t love mushrooms? You can leave it out and add more steak! Serve the steak with a side salad or veggies and you have a fantastic low carb Keto air fried steak recipe for dinner.
Video: Best Air Fried Steak Bites Recipe with Mushrooms
How to Make Air Fried Steak Bites or Steak Tips in Air Fryer
- Your first batch will be your “test batch” because results will vary depending on the type of steak, size of steak and power of your air fryer. After your first batch, you’ll know more of the exact timing for your preferred texture.
- Combine Steak, mushrooms, butter and seasonings in bowl
- Transfer steak and mushrooms to air fryer basket
- Air fry steak and flip/turn around 3 times to ensure even cooking
- Let the steak rest and enjoy an amazing air fried steak and mushrooms dinner!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below
- CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR–> AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES
What’s The Best Steak to Cook?
For the types of steak, use can your favorite cut that you’re used to eating. That way, you’re already familiar with the flavor, texture and toughness of the steak. It also depends on your budget. We prefer ribeye, sirloin, tri-tip with a good amount of fat and marbling but these are a little more expensive. Another great budget friendly cut of steak are chuck shoulder steaks (aka London Broil steaks).
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Air Fryer Steak Bites & Mushrooms
- 1 lb. (455 g) steaks , cut into 1” cubes & patted dry
- 8 oz. (227 g) mushrooms (cleaned, washed and halved)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
- Combine the steak cubes and mushrooms. Coat with the melted butter and then season with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Spread the steak and mushrooms in even layer in air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and mushrooms about 3 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, size of the air fryer).
- Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with optional melted butter and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches (if you have a small air fryer or are doubling the recipe), the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
More steak recipes for you to enjoy: