We’re all about gravy and our Salisbury steak recipe with mushroom gravy is amazing. And what makes this salisbury steak recipe even more amazing is that we have caramelized onions in the gravy! Woot woot!
Best Salisbury Steak Recipe
The flavor of the onions and the mushrooms caramelizing together makes an ordinary gravy into an outstanding mushroom gravy recipe. That’s what makes our When you’re craving a hearty meal our easy recipe will definitely satisfy your hunger. It’s the perfect comfort food on a cold day or any day that you’ve worked hard and want to treat yourself to a fulfilling dinner. Families are enjoying this salisbury steak dinner and getting raves from kids too. It’s a great way to get them to eat mushrooms without them even knowing it.
Watch the video of Salisbury Steak with Mushroom-Onion Gravy:
Easy Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Our classic mushroom gravy recipe has been such a hit that we’ve added it to so many other dishes: pork chops with mushroom gravy and skillet chicken with mushroom gravy are two of our hugely popular one-pot dishes. Sure there’s always those who can’t stand mushrooms which is totally ok! You can make this recipe without the mushrooms. Or what if you love onions? Then our onion gravy is absolutely superb and works fantastic with this recipe for Salisbury steak. What ever you decide, just make it your own and pretty much any type of gravy will be amazing. The marinade for our Salisbury steak is super flavorful too so you’re in for a real treat!
Click Here for –> More Potato Recipes
More popular and delicious –> Awesome One Pot Skillet Recipes
More easy dinner recipes for your family during the week!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- lots fresh ground black pepper , or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil , for searing beef patties
- In large bowl mix together all the steak ingredients (beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic salt, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper). Shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat and then add oil. Brown both sides of patties (about 1 minute per side) and then remove from the pan.
Keep same pan and beef juices over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until onions are golden and excess mushroom liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and butter. Cook for about 1 minute.
Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring to remove lumps. Add about 1/2 - 1 cup of beef stock, whisking until incorporated.
- Increase heat to High. Slowly pour in the remaining broth and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (the saltiness and flavors will concentrate some when it reduces down).
- Once gravy starts to boil, reduce heat to low. Stirring often, simmer until the gravy starts to thicken, about 5-10 minutes. Add salisbury steak patties back into the gravy and cook until the steak patties are cooked to your preferred doneness (usually about 5-10 minutes), stirring the gravy occasionally around the steaks. Taste for seasoning and add more salt & pepper, if desired.
- Serve the steaks topped with the mushroom sauce. They are excellent over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes!