Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms
This juicy air fryer steak bites recipe is one of our favorite dinners, ever! It’s also a reader favorite and with flavorful mushrooms as an added bonus. But if you don’t like mushrooms, just cook the air fried steak tips to your personal liking.
Easy Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
Wow, it’s so delicious and such an easy air fried steak bites recipe or steak tips recipe that you’ll be obsessed with. Add some garlic mushrooms to the steak and dinner is served! Cutting the steak into bites makes it quicker to cook in the air fryer and best of all, there’s lots of crispy edges. It’s a fantastic air fried steak recipe that can make even the most inexpensive cut of beef taste wonderful! And what if you don’t love mushrooms? You can leave it out and add more steak! Serve the steak with a side salad or veggies and you have a fantastic low carb Keto air fried steak recipe for dinner.
Video: Best Air Fried Steak Bites Recipe with Mushrooms
How to Make Air Fried Steak Bites or Steak Tips in Air Fryer
- Your first batch will be your “test batch” because results will vary depending on the type of steak, size of steak and power of your air fryer. After your first batch, you’ll know more of the exact timing for your preferred texture.
- Combine steak cubes, mushrooms, butter and seasonings in bowl
- Transfer steak and mushrooms to air fryer basket and lay in a single layer so all sides can sear.
- Air fry steak and flip/turn around 3 times to ensure even cooking
- Let the steak rest and enjoy an amazing air fried steak and mushrooms dinner!
- Serve with some air fryer vegetables like asparagus, broccoli or green beans and you’re set!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below
- CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR–> AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES
What’s The Best Steak to Cook?
For the types of steak, use can your favorite cut that you’re used to eating. That way, you’re already familiar with the flavor, texture and toughness of the steak. It also depends on your budget. We prefer ribeye, sirloin, tri-tip with a good amount of fat and marbling but these are a little more expensive. Another great budget friendly cut of steak are chuck shoulder steaks (aka London Broil steaks).
What are the Best Air Fryers?
Here’s our extensive write up on Air Fryer World’s Best Air Fryer Guide. There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
Air Fryer Steak Bites & Mushrooms
- 1 lb. (455 g) steaks , cut into 1” cubes & patted dry
- 8 oz. (227 g) mushrooms (cleaned, washed and halved)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
- Combine the steak cubes and mushrooms. Coat with the melted butter and then season with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Spread the steak and mushrooms in even layer in air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and mushrooms about 3 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, size of the air fryer).
- Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with optional melted butter and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches (if you have a small air fryer or are doubling the recipe), the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.