Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
This air fryer broccoli recipe is quick, easy and healthy. You’re going to love making this several times a week! Air fried broccoli is definitely one of our most popular recipes.
Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
We can eat crispy broccoli in the air fryer every day. The air fried broccoli always has a wonderful crispy texture and the flavor is outstanding! If you don’t like it crispy, you can definitely cook it for less time. Add extra garlic powder before cooking if you love extra garlic broccoli flavor. And squeeze a little bit of lemon before you eat and the bright lemon flavors are so good! Best of all, this crispy air fryer broccoli recipe will be a favorite for kids. It’s a great way to get them to eat their vegetables!
Video: Best Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
If you want extra flavor, the possibilities are endless. Raid your spice pantry and experiment with different spices on the broccoli. We love making an Indian inspired broccoli with ground cumin. Or make a spicy version with some chipotle! Cheese is always a hit too, so adding your favorite cheese like cheddar or parmesan will never be boring! Serve the broccoli with a side of steak or anytime you need a quick vegetable side dish. We love making a big batch of this (cooked in several batches) and everyone goes crazy over the flavor. The hot air really gives this air fried broccoli and nice char and maximum flavor.
How to Cook Broccoli in Air Fryer
- Use fresh broccoli florets. They will taste so much better!
- Toss broccoli with a little oil, salt and pepper. Or add your personal favorite spice or seasoning blend.
- After first toss/shake you’ll see the broccoli crisp a little. If needed, toss and shake a second time to get everything cooked crisp.
- The more you shake/toss the broccoli during cooking, the more even they will cook.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
What are the Best Air Fryers for this air fryer broccoli ?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh broccoli , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Add broccoli to large bowl and drizzle evenly with olive oil. Season broccoli with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli to air fryer basket/tray in an even layer.
- Air Fry 380°F for 12-15 minutes, flipping and shaking 3 times through cooking. Or cook until crispy. More flipping/shaking will allow broccoli to cook more evenly. Serve with lemon wedges.
Hope you enjoy our air fryer broccoli recipe. Here’s more great broccoli recipes for your family to enjoy:
- Microwave Cheesy Broccoli
- Roasted broccoli salad with bacon
- Easy beef and broccoli stir fry is better than take out!