How to Cook Air Fryer Steak: Perfect and Juicy
You will love air fryer steak, it’s a game changer. Here’s our perfect and easy recipe for air fryer steak. It truly is so easy, it’s hard to believe that steak can come out so juicy and delicious! Seriously friends, this air fried steak recipe is a game changer.
Best Air Fryer Steak Recipe
Our air fryer steak recipe is perfect for two and within minutes, steak dinner is served. You can adjust cooking times to your preferred doneness. Just add some butter or oil, then salt and pepper to the steaks. We add some garlic salt sometimes for extra flavor. Air fry the steaks and the steaks will come out fantastic! Serve it with a baked potato, mushrooms, a salad, pasta or what ever you want to complete your wonderful steak dinner. You’ll be so pleased with air fried steak that you’ll want to eat it more often. So good and so juicy!
Video: How to Cook Air Fried Steak
How to Cook Air Fryer Steak
- Preheat air fryer for about 5 minutes. This will ensure that the steak can get a nice sear.
- Lightly oil steak and season with salt and pepper or with your favorite steak seasoning.
- Air fry the steak then flip the steak
- Continue air frying and let steak rest before serving.
- All recipe details and step by step photos are in the recipe box below.
What are the Best Cuts of Steak to Air Fry?
Look for a steak that has good marbling and fat like rib eye steaks. Other great steak cuts are New York steaks, T-Bones, Porterhouse steaks and some sirloins. Although filet mignon doesn’t have a lot of fat, it’s a tender cut so it cooks well in the air fryer. For other inexpensive cuts or with less marbling, you should cut them and cook them as steak bites.
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Here’s more great air fryer recipes.
This air fried steak recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Air Fryer Steak
- 2 (6 oz.) ((170g)) steaks , 3/4" thick rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil , to coat
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 ) garlic powder (optional)
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- Lightly coat steaks with olive oil. Season both sides of steaks with garlic powder (optional), salt and pepper (we'll usually season liberally with salt & pepper).
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes. Once preheated, place steaks in air fryer bakset or rack.
- Air Fry for 400°F for 10-18 minutes, flipping halfway though (cooking time dependent on how thick and cold the steaks are plus how done you prefer your steaks).If you want steaks to be cooked more, add additional 3-6 minutes cooking time.
- Add pat of butter on top of steak, cover with foil and allow steak to rest for 5 minutes.Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in more than two steaks, make sure not to overcrowd the Air Fryer basket. If needed, cook in batches to avoid overcrowding. The first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
BUY OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook.
Click Here for our –> Best Air Fryer Recipes
Our Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms Recipe Rocks!