Air Fryer Asparagus
Our air fryer asparagus recipe is quick, healthy and keto friendly. Enjoy it as a side dish with your favorite main meal or entrees. Air fried asparagus is a real treat and a game changer!
Easy Air Fryer Asparagus
We all love asparagus! Air fried asparagus is one of our favorite side dishes to accompany steak, roast chicken or fish. This truly is one of the most simple ways to enjoy this popular vegetable. The crispy textures are fantastic and the air fryer asparagus has a wonderful roasted flavor and texture. All it takes is a little olive oil, salt and pepper. If you want more flavor, sprinkle some of your favorite spices on the asparagus such as garlic powder or lemon pepper seasonings. Squeeze a little lemon on top and you have the perfect side dish to dinner!
Watch the Video Making Roasted Asparagus in the Air Fryer:
How to Cook Air Fryer Asparagus
- Make sure asparagus is all the same thickness and length. This will allow all the asparagus to cook evenly.
- Trim tough ends of asparagus. Add oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle favorite spices too like garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning blend or lemon pepper spices.
- Place asparagus to air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook and enjoy!
What are other Vegetables to cook?
More great air fryer side dishes to have a side dish are: Crispy broccoli , easy roast potatoes, garlic mushrooms and brussels sprouts. All our air fried vegetable side dishes are simple and have wonderful roasted flavor. That’s why we’re so obsessed with cooking vegetables in the air fryer. The crispy flavors can’t be beat. Hope you enjoy our air fryer asparagus recipe for your next meal!
Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus , ends trimmed
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Coat asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to coat the asparagus tips so they don’t burn or dry out too fast.Place the seasoned aspargus in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Air Fry at 380°F for 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness, shake and turn asparagus halfway through cooking.
- When asparagus to cooked to your prefreed texture or tenderness, taste for seasoning. Add extra seasonings if needed and serve warm.
Buy Our Air Fryer eCookbooks Here For Easy Meals and Low Fat Recipes!
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.