Avocados are in season and the perfect time to make avocado egg salad. Everywhere we turn, creamy and ripe avocados recipes are popping up everywhere. Aside from our favorite avocado guacamole recipe, we love smashing avocados or adding chunks of delicious avocado into our egg salads. Why not? It’s such a treat to enjoy a simple egg salad recipe that’s studded with mashed chunks of avocado over crackers or toast. Even added to sliders make a great vegetarian avocado slider dish.
Our avocado egg salad is a breakfast, brunch or lunch waiting to happen.You can adapt this recipe by adding it to your favorite classic egg salad recipe or using our recipe below. Our recipe is pretty decadent and calls for a medium-large ripe avocado. But if you want to still maintain the integrity of the egg salad, then consider using a small avocado.
Extra flavor options are adding a touch of curry powder. Wow, this is really good! A bit of curry powder with soy sauce and paprika amp this up to an extraordinary egg salad sandwich. Even added as a big mound on top of a pile of delicious lettuce greens and your favorite salad dressing makes a fantastic green salad for lunch!
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2016 with new photos and new video!
Photo Gallery for Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
Yield: Serves 2-4
Total Time: 30 min
Read post for recipe details.
- 7-8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or lime muice
- 2 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and paprika (optional)
- 1 medium - large ripe avocado, chopped small
- In bowl, combine eggs, mayo, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, mustard and optional spices. Gently combine well.
- Add chopped avocado and combine into egg salad mixture. Smash the avocado to your desired texture.
- Serve with crackers or bread.