Fresh Avocado Guacamole
Fresh, homemade guacamole is one of those simple dishes that can make a meal extra special. Creamy avocado, smashed with some fresh cilantro and tomatoes is so super simple to make and doesn’t really require a specific recipe.
Guacamole is one of those dishes that you can make to personal taste. Add what ever you wish to heighten the flavors of the the fresh avocados. This recipe for guacamole is our basic and favorite to add to our many Mexican inspired chicken dishes, especially for our tacos, taquitos and quesedilla recipes. This guacamole recipe can also be doubled or tripled easily for larger batches. Enjoy!
Different options for toppings:
Wow, the possibilities are endless when making guacamole. You can create lots of inspiring versions to make this popular creamy dip. Load it with flavors and textures and you won’t ever have a boring bowl. Sure, everyone loves a simple a classic way, but if you’re game, then the flavor possible are at your door step.
- pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds)
- pomegranate seeds
- spicy hot sauce
- extra chiles or fresh chopped jalapeños
- black beans
- crispy bacon bits
- charred corn
- different types of cheeses
- chopped fresh mango
- chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 medium Avocados , cut into 3/8" dice *see note 1 (@2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Roma Tomato , cored & cut into 3/8" dice (@1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Optional - finely diced Jalapeno , (@ 1/2 of a medium sized Jalapeno)
- 8 sprigs Optional - Cilantro (about), leaves coarsely chopped-stems finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Kosher Salt , or to taste
- Stir and mash together avocado pieces and lime juice until the avocado is almost your preferred consistency. Stir in tomatoes, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Season with salt to taste and add more lime juice or jalapeno if desired.
- Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, to best keep the guacamole from browning, keep it as airtight as possible. Press a piece of wax paper into the top surface and seal the bowl with plastic wrap.
Other Amazing Avocado Recipes
- Loaded Guacamole with Bacon and More!
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Easy Avocado Egg Rolls with Cilantro Parmesan Dip
- Avocado Chicken Salad with Bacon
Here’s more avocado ideas for guac!