It’s Summer time and fair foods are all the rage. Our bacon wrapped avocado fries are inspired from the seasons greasy, crazy and decadent fair foods. But it’s not just solely for Summer. Our bacon avocado fries recipe is great for all year round. They’re the perfect appetizer for game day, parties and anytime you want to wow your friends with the best and most amazing kick-but bacon appetizers. Anyone who loves avocados will flip over these thick wedges wrapped with bacon. A platter of these will be devoured in minutes, so be prepared to make a double or triple batch. Yum!
Video of Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
There’s so many possibilities with these avocado appetizers. You can use smoked bacon or better yet, yummy applewood smoked bacon is the best! Add some extra seasoning like paprika, garlic powder or onion powder. There’s so many spice possibilities to amp these avocado fries to a new level of flavor. For the dip, ranch is always the favorite. But how about a blue cheese dip to dunk the fries into? Yes, they all sound great. One of our favorite is definitely a great bbq sauce, but what ever you decide to dip these beauties in will be delicious!
- 2 avocados
- 8 slices bacon (approximately)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Ranch dressing
- Blue Cheese dressing
Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice avocados into equally sized wedges. Wrap each wedge in bacon, cutting the bacon if needed. Place the bacon-wrapped avocado wedges on a baking sheet, seam side-down.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon.
Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ranch or blue cheese dressing.