Chicken Salad with Avocado and Bacon
Avocado chicken salad with bacon should be in your next sandwich for your next lunch! This is one of the perfect lunch dishes, but adding avocado AND bacon makes it triple amazing. Our curry chicken salad recipe and avocado egg salad recipe are always super popular, then we decided to amp it up by taking the best of the two salads and combining it into one killer chicken salad! The extra flavor comes from grilling the chicken for the salad. But you can just use leftover roast chicken or poached chicken if you want.
Watch the delicious video making the Avocado Chicken Salad with Bacon:
Keto-Friendly without the Bread!
What makes this the best chicken salad recipe is that it’s creamy from the avocado and loaded with flavor with the bacon pieces. When we tested it in the test kitchen the first time, the whole team was blown away at all the wonderful flavors and textures. The creamy avocado, flavorful grilled chicken and bacon, along with the crunch of celery and all the spices are the reasons why this is no ordinary chicken salad. Every single bite was wonderful. We toasted up some crispy slices of french bread loaves and made open faced chicken salad sandwiches for lunch. Wow! Everyone inhaled their sandwiches and were excited to make another batch of the video and photo.If you want to make this chicken salad without the bacon, go for it because it’s still delicious without it. And don’t like avocado? Then definitely you can remove it and just have the chicken and bacon. It’s like a meat lovers salad. So add it to a sandwich or a bed of greens and you have the best lunch or brunch ever. And oh! If you’re a cracker lover, then serve this awesome salad with your favorite crackers!
Avocado Chicken Salad w/ Bacon
- 1 pound (455 g) cooked chicken poached, baked or roast chicken
- 1/2 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 (2 ) stalks celery diced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) minced cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) smoked paprika
- 1 (1 ) medium - large ripe avocado , chopped small
- 2-3 slices (2 slices) bacon fried and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) minced red onion (optional)
- Cut or tear chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, celery, lemon zest, lemon juice, cilantro or parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, ground cumin and smoked paprika. Gently combine well.
- Add chopped avocado, bacon and red onion. Stir them into the chicken mixture, mashing the avocado to your desired texture. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, pepper, and/or spices if desired.
- Serve with crackers or bread or on a crisp green salad. Enjoy!
Click Here for More—> Delicious Chicken Recipes
You’ll love our —> Yummy Salad Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.