Avocado Tuna Salad
Gosh, this avocado tuna salad recipe is crazy easy. It’s probably one of our test kitchen’s favorite quick and easy lunch recipes. The combination of avocado and tuna fish is creamy and keto friendly.
Easy Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
If you love tuna salad AND avocados, you’re going to love two of your favorite foods all in one bite. Yes! This doesn’t get easier than this. It’s basically a reminder of how much avocado is loved. So we chop up a few of ripe avocados and fold it into the tuna and voila! It’s an instant lunch that is great in a sandwich. And if you want to go lower carb, serve it with some crackers or chips. If you want it a little healthier, then just literally put a big dollop of it on a bed of crisp and green lettuce greens.
Video: Avocado Tuna Salad
If you want more of a “guacamole” avocado texture, then add the avocado in the beginning so it can be broken up to be smoother. If you like more “chunky” avocado texture then gently fold-in the chopped avocado after the tuna salad if finished being made. This will help keep the avocados from breaking apart and getting too mushy. It will give you a great “bite” of avocado. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
How To Make Avocado Tuna Salad?
It’s easy peasy! Canned tuna fish varies in texture. Some are chunkier and some are more mushy so add the amount of mayo to your preferred taste. Some folks like their tuna extra creamy and some like it drier, with less. So add accordingly! Everyone had their favorite tuna brand, and this brand is our kitchen’s easy favorite: Genova Tuna.
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 10 oz. (284 g) tuna , drained (two 5oz. cans)
- 1/4 cup (56 g) mayonnaise (or more depending on how creamy you want it to be)
- 1 large celery stalk , diced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) minced parsley
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) hot sauce or Sriracha sauce (optional)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice , to taste (optional)
- 1 large avocado ,cut into bite sized pieces (or more avocado if your heart desires!)
- Add drained tuna to bowl and gently break up large chunks.Add mayonnaise, celery, red onion, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper and/or optional hot sauce, lemon juice.
- Gently fold in the avocado. Smash the avocados to your desired texture. Make it more to make it smooth, or gently stir to keep it chunky!
- Serve in a sandwich, with crackers or on a salad. Enjoy!
Enjoy more of our easy Tuna Recipes
- Air Fryer Crispy tuna patties
- Tuna noodle casserole bake
- Tuna pasta salad
- Mom’s Tuna Salad Sandwiches
This avocado and tuna fish recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video. Check out this great tuna bruschetta recipe with spinach.