Back-To-School Taco Sandwiches
These are super fun “taco” sandwiches for an awesome back to school lunch idea. Kids absolutely love our taco sandwiches.
Back to School Sandwiches
Using round cut-outs, we create these adorable little taco shaped sandwiches and are not only super cute, but super tasty too. When the bread is folded over, it mimics the taco shell and thus, the “taco” shaped inspired sandwiches. They’re so much fun, it’s going to be easy to get kids to eat all of their lunch and they might ask for extras too. School lunches don’t have to be boring and there possibilities are endless when you’re making these sandwiches.
Watch this cute video for these Back to School Sandwiches:
There’s so many delicious ideas for your kids. You can fill them with everyones favorite peanut butter and jelly, along with some fresh fruit in the middle.
Other ideas are ham and cheese. Shredded lettuce and tomato really make it look like a taco!
Turkey, cheddar and apple is an outstanding taco sandwich and everyone loves an egg salad! We ate tons of these!
And if you want to keep the crust on the sandwich, you can do so like they did here.
Make School Awesome!
Add a little fun and style to school lunches and more:
Back-to-School “Taco” Sandwiches
- 1 slice (1 slice) sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) jam or jelly
- fresh diced berries
For Ham & Cheese
- 1 slice (1 slice) American cheese
- 1 slice (1 slice) ham
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) mustard
For Turkey Cheddar Apple
- some (5 some) shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- 1 slice (1 slice) turkey
- 1 slice (1 slice) cheddar cheese
- 4 slices (4 slices) apple
- Cut the bread into a circle shape using a very large circle cutter or lip of a large cup/bowl that fits the bread. Push down to cut out the round shape.
- Lightly flatten the round bread with a rolling pin.
- For the PB&J: Spread peanut butter and jelly for the PB&J sandwich. Gently fold the sandwich and add the fresh fruit.
- For the Ham and Cheese: Add a little mustard or mayo to the bread. Lay a slice of American cheese and ham. Gently fold the sandwich and fill with some shredded lettuce and diced tomato.
- For the Turkey-Cheddar-Apple: Add a little mustard or mayo to the bread. Lay a slice of the turkey and cheddar cheese. Gently fold the sandwich and fill with the apple slices.