Crispy Parmesan Chicken Sandwich
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
Ok, so we used our crispy chicken parmesan recipe for lunch one day and has some left over from over. So it only took a few seconds for us to realize how amazing these delicious chicken parmesans would be in a sandwich. Voila! It’s one of the best chicken sandwiches in the best possible way. It’s delicious and well seasoned chicken breast that’s fried, crispy and amazingly juicy. That alone is a great sandwich. But add some super flavorful marinara sauce on top and some mozzarella cheese (we used the fresh buffalo mozzarella btw wow!) and the sandwich becomes the pinnacle of chicken sandwich recipes. It’s juicy, tender and super flavorful. Plus, our combinations of seasonings in the crunchy batter along with all the herbs and spices makes it an outstanding piece of crispy fried chicken.
Video of our Crispy Chicken Parmesan Sandwich. Drool!
Add some of your favorite burger or sandwich toppings like tomato, lettuce and even mayo if you like. What you have is a kick-butt sandwich that all your friends are going to drool over. And you know what? If you’re feeling extra over-the-top, add some crispy bacon for that added crunch. But not that you need extra crunch because the chicken batter is amazing already, but the extra bacon just makes it a weee bit more special to bite into. And of course, it’s over-the-top because sometimes crazy sandwiches are always the good ones. Make sure to make extra to share or just make the chicken parmesan for dinner and extra for a chicken sandwich for the next day. You can eat this for 3 days straight and not get tired of chicken parmesan.
Check out a Few of our Favorite Frying Tools:
Some tools make frying all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Portable Butane Burner – No need to fry in the house. Take this little bad boy outside and fry it the great outside.
Bamboo Handled Strainer – The handle doesn’t get too hot and it strains like a dream.
Crispy Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
For the Chicken Parmesan
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680 g) boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (2 breasts)
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- Black Pepper , to taste
- 3/4 cup (80 g) Bread Crumbs , or as needed
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan Cheese , or as needed
- 1-2 large Eggs
- Oil , for frying
- 2 cups (500 ml) Marinara Sauce or Tomato Sauce , heated
- 1 cup (112 g) grated Mozzarella Cheese (or sliced fresh mozzarella)
- Chopped Italian Parsley , for garnish
For the Sandwich
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- fresh Basil
- extra Marinara or Tomato Sauce
- Pat chicken dry. Cut the the breasts in half lengthwise. Pound them into an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. In another bowl, beat the egg(s) (start with one egg and beat another if needed when dredging) and set aside.
- Dip the chicken breasts in egg and then dredge them, one a time, in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Shake off any excess bread crumb coating.
- In large skillet or frying pan, heat about 1/2 inch of oil over medium-high heat to about 350°F, then add the chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Fry in batches if needed to keep from crowding the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and briefly drain on paper towels. Top the cooked chicken with hot marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and garnish with parsley.
- Grill or toast the hamburger buns, if desired. Layer lettuce, parmesan chicken, and fresh basil. If desired, top with some extra sauce and enjoy!
Here’s moregreat sandwich ideas for ya!