Easy Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Your kids will love this skillet chicken broccoli. There’s no reason to order take out when you can make homemade chicken and broccoli stir fry. Seriously, it’s so easy to have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes. Kids love this for dinner and it’s a great way to have them eat their veggies. This chicken recipe is adapted from our super popular beef and broccoli stir fry recipe here. You can add this to a bed of rice, quinoa or couscous. It’s fantastic because of the extra sauce. We love having extra sauce in our stir fries, especially when you’re adding it to a bed of rice. The rice soaks up the sauce and makes everything super extra delicious. It’s also great on a bed of egg noodles.
Video: Best Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
How to Cook Skillet Chicken and Broccoli
Our recipe uses from broccoli florets and what about using frozen broccoli? Cooking time will definitely be quicker and add the frozen broccoli at the end so it doesn’t get mushy. Prep all the ingredients ahead of time and this chicken and broccoli stir fry will be finished in about 15 minutes. Just make the stir fry sauce up to 4 days ahead of time. Prep the broccoli and cut the chicken up the day ahead. When you’re ready to make dinner, just chop the onion and mince the garlic. You’re ready to cook and this amazing dinner will be ready before you know it! Prepping this skillet chicken broccoli recipe ahead of time is the way to go!
More Awesome —> Quick and Easy One-pot and Skillet Recipes
Here’s a great Air fried chicken and broccoli recipe here. Hope you enjoy our fantastic family recipes and this skillet chicken broccoli ! If you made them please let us know in the comments. We love hearing from you all and thanks for visiting our recipe site.
this recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020 with updated video!
Easy Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound (454 g) uncooked chicken , cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 pound (454 g) broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil , divided
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) knob of fresh ginger , minced
- Make the sauce: in medium bowl whisk together the water and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in the remaining all sauce ingredients (soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seed oil). Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to the pan then add the chicken. Sear until cooked though and all sides are golden. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oil, onion, garlic and ginger into the same pan the chicken was cooked in. Cook until soft and translucent. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender, stirring constantly (if you like your broccoli soft, add about 1/4 cup of water to the broccoli while it cooks - it should be absorbed and evaporated off by the time the broccoli is soft). Add the chicken back into the pan with the broccoli.
- Stir the sauce one more time to make sure the cornstarch is incorporated, then pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli. Heat the sauce to a strong simmer. Cook for about 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce, stirring occasionally to make sure all chicken and broccoli is coated with sauce.Serve warm over rice or noodles if desired.