Microwave Garlic Parmesan Chicken Bites
These microwave chicken bites are mind blowing delicious. If you never thought about microwaving chicken then you need to try and give this a chance.
Microwave Chicken Bites Recipe
Juicy, moist and fantastic chicken bites made in the microwave was mind blowing to us. The heat of the microwave actually steams the chicken to a perfect plump bite. With the addition of spices and garlic powder, the flavors are AMAZING. These bites are not dry at all and the juices that release are the perfect sauce to top on rice or pasta. Add the parmesan at the end and there’s a wonderful punch of flavor that will make this a weekly meal.
How to Cook Chicken Bites in Microwave (Tips)
- Boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs work great.
- Even cuts: Make sure the chicken is cut into even bite sized pieces. This will ensure the chicken cooks evenly.
- Small bite sized: cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces for quick cooking. If you like your chicken bites bigger, that’s ok. Just make sure to add more cooking time in the microwave to make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and internal temperature is at least 165°F.
- Seasonings: add enough seasonings to make this delicious! Use different spices or add your favorite sauce on top.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Microwave Garlic Parmesan Chicken Bites
- 1/2 pound (227 g) boneless , skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried herbs of choice (basil, oregano, thyme, dill etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chicken, oil, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir to evenly combine.
- Cover with a microwave safe lid or plate and Microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- Stir the chicken and make sure to separate any uncooked pieces. Spread into an even layer.
- Cover again and continue to Microwave for about 1 minute. Check the doneness and if needed continue microwaving for 15 second intervals or until cooked to your preference and internal temperature reaches at least 165°F (74°C). Keeping the lid on for a few minutes will also allow the chicken to continue cooking in the hot steam.
- Add Parmesan cheese and microwave for another 15 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- 600-800w – Lower Wattage Microwaves: More time often needed
- 900-1100w – Average Wattage Microwaves
- 1200-1300w – High Wattage Microwaves: Less time often needed
- Microwave safe glass (particularly borosilicate glass) & ceramic containers are the recommended choice. *Do not use cracked or otherwise damaged containers.
- Microwave safe plastic containers are considered safe by the FDA but many health organizations caution against using them.
- Never use plastics (containers, bags, wrap, etc.) that are not labeled microwave safe. Never use styrofoam, metal, or aluminum foil.
- Lids – microwave safe glass, ceramic or silicone is best. A microwave safe plate works great as a lid. Parchment paper, wax paper, or paper towels work fine, but may not hold the steam in as much (many recipes benefits from the steam retention). Microwave safe plastic lids are considered acceptable. Usually we prefer to use a lid from glass, ceramic, or silicone and just use the microwave safe plastic lids that come with the containers for storing.
Check out all our recipes in the microwave for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. Learn more about wholesome and fresh meals in the microwave. It’s easy to learn how to cook fresh and wholesome meals in the microwave. It’s not just for reheating and this appliance definitely needs more credit for cooking real food in minutes. We have a great list of breakfast recipes too that can make morning meals easier and quicker. Enjoy! Here’s a discussion about the best microwave.