Air Fryer Steak Bites (or Steak Tips) with Potatoes
Here’s all our —-> BEST AIR FRYER RECIPES
Buy our –> Air fryer eCookbooks here!
Easy Air Fryer Steak Tips Recipe (Steak Bites)
We’re obsessed with steak tips in the air fryer. Air Fried steak bites or steak tips are low carb, keto and paleo friendly. Making these juicy steak tips in the air fryer is a fantastic quick and easy dinner if you add potatoes! For a low carb Air fryer steak tips version, replace the potatoes with asparagus, green beans, zucchini or mushrooms! Cooking steak tips in the are fryer is great because you can get a great texture on the outside and inside. Best of all, the clean up is minimal. After a few minutes, depending on how well done you like your steak bites, you can dinner on the table.
Video: Best Steak Tips Recipe in Air Fryer
Best Recipe for Air Fried Steak Tips
We know you’ll devour these steak tips so quick and you’ll probably make them more often! Remember, you can add mushrooms, asparagus or what ever veggies you like. If it’s potatoes or firmer veggies, make sure to par-boil them a bit first so that the steak bites and veggies cook at the same time. Or you can cook the steak tips first and while they rest, cook the veggies after.
What Temperature to Cook Steak Tips in Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer first and the hot temperature will give the steaks steak tips a great sear! Air Fryer temperatures will vary slightly on each model. But consistency after testing on 6 different air fryers, we like to cook the steaks at 400 F. Like your steak tips medium rare? The hot temperature will give you that perfect outside crust and medium rare center. If you like your air fryer steak bites to be medium or more cooked, no problem! Just cook the steak bites for a few more minutes. After cooking your first steak bites in the air fryer on your specific air fryer model, you’ll know what exact time is best for you.
BUY OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook.
CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR–> AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES
Check out our popular –> Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Air Fryer Steak Tips
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) potatoes , cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 lb. (454 g) steaks , cut into 1/2” pieces & patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
- Heat a pot of water to a boil and then add the potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain and set aside
- Combine the steak tips and blanched potatoes. Toss together with the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Spread the steak and potatoes in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and potatoes 2 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, and size of air fryer).
- Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
- If desired, garnish with parsley, optional melted butter drizzled on, and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Preheating the Air Fryer is preferable, it creates a better sear on the steak. If you don’t preheat, add more time to the cooking.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.