Air Fryer White Fish with Garlic and Lemon Pepper
This Air Fryer White fish recipe is our go-to healthy meal when we’re craving a seafood dinner. Add your favorite spices and you’ll never get tired of eating white fish often.
Easy Air Fryer White Fish Recipe
Super simple and always a favorite, this air fryer tilapia recipe is are to satisfy. What’s not to love about a quick and easy low carb fish recipe in the air fryer? Within minutes, a healthy fish dinner is on the table. And the possibilities are endless because you can use what ever spices you want for this air fried tilapia. We love using simple garlic power and lemon pepper seasoning. But you can use paprika, onion powder, curry powder or what ever your heart desires. The fish comes out fantastic and always perfect. Add some fresh lemon for an over-the top delicious healthy tilapia dinner.
Video: White Fish in the Air Fryer with Garlic & Lemon Pepper
How to keep fish from sticking?
If your fish tears or sticks to air fryer wire racks or baskets, try these non-stick liners.
- Non stick reusable silicone liners can be found here. Fish air fries perfectly and barely sticks to the liner. They’re easy to clean too. You can release the fish, salmon or even chicken in one whole piece!
- Parchment liners. These work good too but are single use. Also, don’t preheat the air fryer with just the parchment. If no food holds down the parchment, it will fly around and possibly hit the heating element and burn. Read more about air fryer parchment liners here.
- You can also use aluminum foil for this air fryer tilapia recipe.
How to Use Air Fryer Perforated Parchment Paper Rounds
No sticking and easy cleanup but they are not re-usable. The silicone liners we talked about are better for using continuously. It makes cooking delicate fish so much easier to release without sticking or tearing the fish. These air fryer sheets are perforated, which allows air to circulate through and provide more even cooking. They are super easy to use. There’s many different sizes, so make sure you buy the one that fits your air fryer basket! You can buy the parchment liners here.
Air Fryer Healthy White Fish with Garlic & Lemon
- 12 ounces (340 g) tilapia filets , or other white fish (2 filets-6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder , optional
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 360°F for 5 minutes.Rinse and pat dry the fish filets. Spray or coat with olive oil spray and season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and/or onion power, salt and pepper. Repeat for both sides.
- Lay perforated air fryer baking paper inside base of air fryer. Lightly spray the paper. (if not using a liner, spray enough olive oil spray at the base of the air fryer basket to make sure fish does not stick).Lay the fish on top of the paper. Add a few lemon wedges next to fish.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 6-12 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Timing will depend on how thickness of the filets, how cold the filets are, & individual preference.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm with the toasted lemon wedges. Add additional seasonigns or salt and pepper, if needed.