Air Fried Turkey Breast with Lemon Pepper or Herbs
Air fried turkey breast is a wonderful way to enjoy a healthy lunch or dinner. This air fryer turkey breast is quick and juicy. It’s a game changer if you love fresh turkey breast !
Air Fried Turkey Breast Recipe
There’s so many reasons to make boneless turkey breast in the air fryer. It’s so quick, easy and a great way to enjoy healthy turkey breast for lunch and dinner! We were mind blown when we made our first air fryer turkey breast and we’ve made so many more ever since then! The turkey breast skin comes out crispy and amazing. The turkey meat is juicy and perfect for sandwiches, salads or what ever you want. You can’t buy something this delicious at the store and if you did, it wouldn’t be cheap. Cooking this is budget friendly and can cover meals for a whole family. If there’s leftovers, then sandwiches are perfect.
Video: Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
Best Air Fryer Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
Ok, air fried turkey breast is a serious contender for Thanksgiving or the holidays. It’s the perfect portion for two or three. If it’s a small Thanksgiving dinner gathering, then this air fryer technique is perfect. It’s easy to learn how to cook turkey in the air fryer for Thanksgiving. And most importantly, it frees up so much space in the kitchen, especially if it’s small. If you don’t have enough oven space, then the air fryer can help free up the lack of oven space. It’s such a wonderful way to enjoy turkey for two and keep it simple and small.
Fresh or Frozen?
We’ve tested two different versions: fresh raw turkey breast and frozen raw turkey breast. Both are great and don’t cook any different.
- For the frozen turkey breast, just make sure it’s thawed all the way through the middle before air frying. You don’t want to have raw turkey on the inside.
- The most important factor is to have your turkey small enough to fit your air fryer.
- If the turkey breast is too big, it’ll be too close to the air fryer heating coils or heating element. The turkey breast will burn easily on the outside and won’t cook all the way through on the inside.
- After you cook your first turkey breast, you’ll know more of what the best breast size is for your air fryer model.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper or Herbed Turkey Breast
Try to keep the skin-on turkey because it keeps the meat moist during cooking. Make sure to have a kitchen thermometer on hand to check temperature to ensure it’s cooked.
- 3 pounds de-boned uncooked turkey breast *see recipe head note
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper or dried herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- Pat the turkey dry.
- Combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon pepper or herbs, and salt in a bowl or plastic bag. Add the turkey to the marinade, making sure the marinade completely coats the turkey breast. If possible, marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Lightly oil the air fryer basket. Remove the turkey from the marinade and place the turkey breast skin-side down in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 350°F for 25 minutes. Flip the turkey breast to skin side up, and Air Fry for another 25-35 minutes until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F in the thickest part. If you’re cooking bone-in turkey breast, cook for additional 5-10 minutes if needed.
- NOTE: To keep turkey breast from drying out (especially if it is skinless), spray the turkey top and edges with a little oil a couple times during cooking to keep it moist. It's like "basting" the turkey breast with oil. This is helpful if you have a bigger breast.
- NOTE on SIZE: Some breasts are thinner or sometimes broken into several pieces including the tenderloin. If you're cooking separate smaller pieces, then cooking time is much less. If you want a "whole" looking breast when you have multiple pieces, then tie the pieces together with some kitchen string. This will give the breast a whole looking shape. Then marinate the breast according to the instructions.