Healthy Kale & Pomegranate Salad
This is one of those healthy kale salad recipes that you’ll always turn to because it’s easy, flavorful and flexible. Kale chopped salad is a great healthy fall salad, full of flavor and great textures.
Healthy Kale Chopped Salad Recipe
The base of this salad is fresh chopped kale with a delicious lemon dressing. And while pomegranates are still available, this recipe for kale salad becomes seasonal, with a bright pop of fresh pomegranate arils (or pomegranate seeds). That what makes this salad super fresh, fruity with the sweet pop of pom texture.
Added to this kale and pomegranate salad are cucumber and feta cheese. But make this salad your own and add what ever you wish. Consider adding some chopped nuts for extra crunch or even some creamy avocado. Or make this salad a main entree by adding some baked chicken or oven baked salmon for a low carb and low fat dinner. What ever you decide to add, this recipe is perfect as a side salad or main dish that’s perfect for any occasion or meal.
Different Salad Topping Ideas:
- Toasted pine nuts
- parmesan cheese
- chunks of avocado
- dried fruit like raisins, cranberries or apricots
- diced apples
- herbed croutons
- diced tomatoes
- chopped crispy bacon or cubes of deli ham
Healthy Kale Salad Recipe w/ Pomegranates
- 6 oz. kale (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cucumber , diced
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce or Tamari for Gluten Fee(optional instead of using the sea salt)
- In medium bowl, whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients. Alternate method: in a mason jar, add all the salad dressing ingredients together and shake well to combine the dressing.
- Wash kale and blot dry with towels to remove excess water. De-stem the kale leaves and chop the kale leaves into small bite sized pieces.
- In large bowl, combine the chopped kale, pomegranate seeds, feta cheese and cucumber. Add the salad dressing to the kale salad and toss everything together until all the dressing and salad ingredients are combined.Add additional salt and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Other Amazing Kale Recipes
- Healthy Turkey Soup Recipe with Kale – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
- Healthy Carrot Kale Juice Recipe
- Avocado Massaged Kale Salad
- Healthy Chicken Soup with Kale
Here’s more kale recipe ideas for ya!