Healthy Turkey Soup Recipe with Kale – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
Our healthy turkey soup recipe with kale and vegetables is flavorful and super easy. Within 30 minutes you can have a pot of satisfying turkey soup for your family.
Healthy Turkey Soup with Kale
What to cook with all your leftover Thanksgiving Turkey? Make this turkey soup recipe. Not only is it a great recipe to to use up all your leftovers, but it’s a healthy retreat to all the indulgence that you’ve treated yourself to. The joys of cooking and eating don’t all end at Thanksgiving, especially when you’ve got plenty of great leftover turkey. Continue with the holiday traditions of eating and feasting with a more healthy focus and this is the perfect soup for the post-Thanksgiving food coma.
Tips for Making Healthy Turkey Soup
Adapted from one of our post popular 30 minute recipes: chicken soup and kale recipe, this turkey version is equally delicious for all your turkey lovers. Loaded with shredded turkey and wonderful kale, this is one of the soups that allows you to continue your love of eating turkey, but without the guilt. You can use leftover turkey or cut up a small boneless turkey breast. Ground turkey is also another great option and it’s probably easier to find in the grocery store. Choosing a lean ground turkey will be the healthiest option with less saturated fat.
Turkey and Kale Soup
- about 2 cups (480ml) cooked turkey , cubed or shredded
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 oz. (170g) bunch of kale , ribs removed and leaves chopped
- 1/2 onion , minced
- 1 large carrot , chopped
- 5 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- salt to taste , depending on how salty your stock is
- In medium stock pot, heat the pan on medium heat, then add olive oil. Add onion carrots and cook onions until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, ground cumin, chili powder and worsteshire or soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.Add turkey. Turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat to low.Simmer soup on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is tender. Serve hot.
More awesome recipes to enjoy:
- creamy turkey vegetable soup
- air fried turkey breast with lemon herbs
- baked stuffed turkey breast with kale
- more Healthy Chicken Recipes
If you loved this turkey soup recipe, please share your comments below! And did you capture any pictures? If so, please share it with us on our social media Facebook or Instagram. Tag your photo #bestrecipebox and we’ll love to see it and share it with our food community! thanks so much, Friends. Happy cooking and eating to you and your family.