Have you ever had a avocado massaged kale salad before? If not, you’re in for a real treat.
Avocado Massaged Kale Salad Recipe
Often times kale leaves can be tough and leathery, even if you cut it into small pieces. Massaging avocado into the chopped kale leaves make the kale very tender and delicious. And best of all, it’s loaded with avocado flavor! When we first tried avocado massaged kale salad a few years ago we wondered if it’s anything like olive oil version of this salad. Yes, the concept is definitely very similar in that the olive oil or avocado (rich in oil) tenderizes the tougher kale leaves when the oils are massaged into the leaves. What you get is a fantastic bowl of kale leaves that don’t take a ton of energy to chew through.
Watch Video: Avocado Massaged Kale Salad Recipe
Don’t be hesitant about really working the avocado into the salad. Massage all that avocado goodness into the leaves and you have a spectacular soft and tender kale salad that’s loaded with nutrients. With some bright lemon zest, lemon juice and what ever else you want to add, this flavorful, tender and healthy salad will definitely be a rotating favorite on your list!
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE KALE STRIPPER TOOL:
Click Here for —> Awesome Avocado Recipes
Here’s—> more Great Salad Recipes
Check out a Few of our Kitchen Tools:
Strip that kale! Slice that avocado! Here’s a couple tools to make you more efficient in the kitchen, plus a cool cookbook:
Avocado Massaged Kale Salad
- 1/2 pound (226.8 g) kale (about 1 large bunch), ribs and tough stems removed
- 2 (2 ) avocados : 1 mashed, 1 chopped
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Fresh lemon juice , plus more to taste if desired
- 2 teaspoons (1 ) Sea Salt or Kosher salt , to taste
- (1 ) Freshly cracked pepper , to taste
- 1 cup cup (50 g) fresh grated parmesan cheese (or eliminate to make it vegan)
- 1/4 cup (36 g) toasted nuts (sliced almonds, cashews, pistachios, chopped pecans, etc.), optional
- 1/4 cup (36.25 g) raisins (or dried fruit of choice - dried cherries, chopped apricots, etc.), optional
- Cut the kale leaves into thin strips. In a large bowl, combine the kale and the mashed avocado. Gently “massage” one mashed avocado into the kale leaves until they become soft and tender.
- Add lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Toss lightly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional lemon juice, if desired.
- Just before serving, add the cheese, chopped avocado, and the optional nuts and dried fruit.
Here’s more avocado recipe ideas.