Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
A healthy dinner can’t get any better, especially if you love Salmon. This really easy oven baked salmon recipe. We know it will be your go-to recipe for those busy weeknights that you’re craving something healthy but don’t have the energy to wash a load of dishes. The technique on how to bake salmon in the oven is also very simple. And you can have so many different variations with spices on it that you won’t feel like you’re stuck with just one salmon recipe here. The basic technique is outlined below in the recipe box. For variations, you can add a touch of lemon juice, different types of fresh herbs, fresh minced garlic and what ever spices you like. As long as you use the simple ratio, cooking time and technique below, you’ll ever be bored with baked salmon.
Different Types of Salmon
There’s so many different varieties of salmon for this recipe. The possibilities are endless and each variety is delicious. Here’s some varieties for you to explore the next time you’re at the seafood market:
- Chinook Salmon or King Salmon
- Coho Salmon
- Pink Salmon
- Atlantic Salmon
- Red Salmon
- Did we miss anymore? Please let us know in the comments!
Have fun and enjoy!
How to Oven Bake Salmon
- 12 oz. (340 g) Salmon Fillets (2 fillets - 6 oz-170g each)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) extra-virgin Olive Oil , to coat salmon
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- chopped Italian Parsley , for garnish
- optional , lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse and pat dry salmon. Lightly oil the salmon with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on a non-stick baking pan or non-stick, oven-safe skillet or baking dish (if salmon has skin on, place skin side down). Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and optional lemon wedges.