How To Oven Bake Salmon – Easy 15 Minute Recipe
A healthy dinner can’t get any better, especially if you love healthy baked Salmon. This really easy oven baked salmon recipe. We know it will be your go-to recipe for those busy weeknights that you’re craving something healthy but don’t have the energy to wash a load of dishes.
Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
The technique on how to bake salmon in the oven is very simple. Within 15 minutes, you can have a healthy salmon dinner or lunch. Our technique is to bake the salmon in a hot oven at 450°F. This will cook the salmon quick enough without drying it out. Also, some ovens vary and so do the size of the salmon. So timing might be a minute or two off for different ovens.
Video: Healthy Baked Salmon Recipe
Tips on How to Bake Salmon
- Use fresh salmon for best results. If you’re using frozen salmon, make sure to thaw the salmon completely before baking.
- You can have so many different variations with spices on it that you won’t feel like you’re stuck with just one salmon recipe here.
- For flavor variations, you can add a touch of lemon juice, different types of fresh herbs, fresh minced garlic and what ever spices you like. Pesto is a great addition! We love pesto salmon.
- Serve the salmon with healthy salad, on rice, couscous, quinoa or with roasted vegetables.
- As long as you use the simple ratio, cooking time and technique below, you’ll ever be bored with baked salmon. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Different Types of Salmon
There’s so many different varieties of salmon for this oven baked salmon recipe. The possibilities are endless and each variety is delicious. You’ll need to adjust cooking times based on the salmon variety you use and how thick the fillets are. Leaner salmon like Sockeye or Coho should be cooked less than fattier salmon such as Chinook or Atlantic. Here’s some varieties for you to explore the next time you’re at the seafood market:
- Atlantic Salmon
- Chinook Salmon or King Salmon
- Coho Salmon
- Chum Salmon
- Pink Salmon or Humpback Salmon
- Sockeye Salmon or Red Salmon
- Although not technically a Salmon – Steelhead is a close cousin and is a great option
- Did we miss any? Please let us know in the comments!
How to Oven Bake Salmon
- 12 oz. (340 g) Salmon Fillets (2 fillets – 6 oz-170g each)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) extra-virgin Olive Oil , to coat salmon
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- chopped Italian Parsley , for garnish
- optional , lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C. Rinse and pat dry the salmon.
- Lightly oil the baking dish or pan.
- Place the salmon on the oiled baking dish/pan (if salmon has skin on, place skin side down). Lightly oil the salmon with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and optional lemon wedges and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Make these Favorite Salmon Recipes:
- Baked Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil
- Healthy Air Fryer Salmon
- Baked Honey Garlic Salmon
- Hearty Salmon and Corn Chowder
- here’s a great foil pack tilapia
This recipe was originally published in 2014 and re-published with new video and photos. Here’s some more Healthy Recipes. Have fun and enjoy! If you made this oven baked salmon recipe please share in the comments below. We’d love to hear more.