Juicing recipes can vary so much and it’s fun to experiment with so many different kinds of fresh vegetables and fruit for juicing. And best of all, green juice or fresh vegetable juices combined with some fruit juices for sweetness is one of the most healthy breakfasts you can treat yourself to.
Kale juice recipes have a wonderful earthy flavor and are a great green-leaved base to a healthy glass. But kale is low in water content, so don’t expect too much juice from a bunch of kale. What you will get is a great and healthy juice for one serving and to sweeten it up, this recipe has fresh carrots for sweetness. Some other options to give more flavor is some fresh ginger and fresh citrus of your choice for added brightness and flavor.
Adjust the quantities to your preferred taste. Use the recipe just as an initial guideline, especially considering that juicers and the vegetables and fruit will be vary in juice extraction and juice quantity. It is often useful to make larger batches and store them in several small canning jars or similar containers in the fridge to use over several days time. It keeps best if the jars are filled completely to the top so there is no airspace in the jars.
- 1 pound (455g) Carrots, cleaned
- 1 bunch Kale , washed
- optional - 1/2-inch piece fresh Ginger , peeled
- optional - 1/4 to 1/2 of a lime , kumquat, or calamansi lime
- If you know the ratio you like best: process the carrots and kale through the juicer according to manufacturer instructions into the same container. If using, process the optional ginger and citrus in the juicer, as well.
- If you don't know your desired ratio, process each of the ingredients individually in the juicer according to manufacturer instructions into separate containers. Mix them according to your preferred taste.
- Drink the juice immediately, or store in an airtight container with the juice reaching completely to the top so there is no air space (a couple of small canning jars or similar work great). Keep refrigerated until ready to consume. Best if drank within 2-3 days.
Note 1: Juicing Averages:
One pound Carrots = 10 ounces Juice
One bunch Kale = 2 ounces Juice