Low Carb Zucchini Tortillas Recipe
Our Healthy Zucchini Tortillas Recipe is for healthy low carb tacos and or burritos. Mexican food can be lighter and less carbs!
Zucchini Tortillas Recipe
Love tortillas without all the starch and carbs? You’ll obsess over our low carb zucchini tortillas recipe! Seriously this recipe for zucchini tortillas is mind blowing because it’s made with grated zucchini, which is why it’s so much healthier than regular flour and corn tortillas. We love eating soft tacos but sometimes too many of the flour or corn tortillas are loaded with carbs. Instead, we can eat tacos and soft tacos with less guilt by using zucchini tortillas.
Healthier Version than Corn Tortillas
These zucchini tortillas are loaded with flavor, without all the carbs and definitely worth trying because they’re even delicious on their own. Seriously, if you just tasted one of these tortillas, you’ll understand what we’re talking about. They’re super delicious alone as a snack or as a zucchini tortilla wrap with hummus or what ever you want. The flavor comes from the spices and some parmesan cheese. Everyone who has made this has said it’s great for a paleo or keto lunch. This healthy zucchini tortilla recipe is a great paleo recipe or keto recipe when you’re wanting to eat less starch and more vegetables.
Video: Healthy Zucchini Tortillas Recipe
For the lowest carb keto version, use crushed pork rinds. You can buy bags of pork rinds in the store and use a food processor to crush them. Or They can also be found already pre-crushed. This healthy zucchini tortillas recipe can also be adapted to using different types of flours and it has worked great. Just make sure to spray the parchment paper first to avoid the tortillas from sticking too much. You can make some of the best low carb and healthy tacos. You can make fish tacos with these healthy tortillas and they’re fantastic!
Like we said before, you can also just eat them as a snack. If you want you can even add some tomato sauce, pepperoni and cheese on top. Then broil them for a few minutes to make a fantastic low carb pizza with a zucchini pizza crust. The fun possibilities are endless and we’re still not tired of devouring every single batch of zucchini tortillas that we make.
Check out a Few of our Favorite Tools for the “Zuke Tortillas”:
Some tools make life in the kitchen all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Box Grater – Every household needs a solid grater. Here’s one of our favorites!
Pre-cut Parchment Sheets – The rolls of parchment paper will always work, but the pre-cut sheets are our favorite.
Low Carb Zucchini “Tortillas”
- 4 cups (950 ml) zucchini , coarsely grated
- 1 large (1 large) egg
- 1/2 cup (50 g) fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (27 g) bread crumbs or crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) freshly grated black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F (230°C). Line 2 baking sheet pans with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove as much moisture as you can from the zucchini. Add zucchini to large bowl and mix in remainder of the taco shell ingredients (egg, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cumin).
- Scoop about ¼ cup (60ml) of mixture on one of the prepared baking sheet pans and press down into a thin circle, about 5” wide. Repeat for remainder of mixture.
- Bake shells for about 22-25 minutes, or until the shells look “crisp’ and brown around the edges. We like to bake the shells a little longer for a more charred texture and flavor. Just be careful to not bake too long or else the shells dry out and are hard to peel off.
- After zucchini soft taco shells are cool, gently peel them off the parchment paper. Serve with your favorite taco fillings.