Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries – KETO
Our Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries recipe is low carb and keto friendly. Learn how to make healthy zucchini fries instead of potatoes for a less guilty snack. These are so flavorful!
Easy Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
What to do when life gives you a ton of zucchini? Make baked parmesan zucchini fries! And more of it please! It’s really a fantastic way to use up zucchini when you run out of zucchini recipe ideas. When you’re craving fries, without all the starch from potatoes, using zucchini is a fabulous way to satisfy those cravings without all the calories. It’s mind blowing how delicious and easy these zucchini fries are. And it’s even more mind blowing why we didn’t make them earlier because they’re low carb, no bread crumbs and tasty!
Video: Healthy Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Zucchini Fries Recipe with No Bread Crumbs KETO
- The flavors are outstanding. We add parmesan, some paprika, fresh herbs and other spices to really add amazing flavor to the humble zucchini sticks. They’re simply delicious and a perfect zucchini fry appetizer for anytime you’re wanting a simple dish to have a party.
- Keto coating: you can use different low carb or keto friendly coatings. Crushed pork rinds and almond flour are two other options besides the parmesan cheese. But we find that the parmesan cheese and crushed pork rinds will result in the most crispy outside texture.
- Even beyond a great finger food, they’re definitely lighter than potatoes. These zucchini fries are baked and all the wonderful flavors get cooked into the zucchini. Each bite is wonderful and low carb!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Can You Make this Ahead of time?
You can make these ahead, but they’ll be pretty soggy the next day. Best way to crisp them up is in a toaster oven or air fryer. Add a light oil spray over them so they don’t dry out during heating.
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with a new video
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680 g) zucchini ,cut lengthwise into wedges (about 3 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs - thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary, etc...
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste (freshly ground if possible)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine Parmesan, dried herbs, smoked paprika and garlic powder salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the zucchini with olive oil and roll in parmesan/herb mixture to coat all sides. Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with extra parmesan/herb mixture if needed.
- Bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Here’s more great dinner ideas from our friends!