What to do when life gives you a ton of zucchini? Make baked parmesan zucchini fries! And more of it please! It’s really a fantastic way to use up zucchini when you run out of zucchini recipe ideas. When you’re craving fries, without all the starch from potatoes, using zucchini is a fabulous way to satisfy those cravings without all the calories. It’s mind blowing how delicious and easy these zucchini fries are. And it’s even more mind blowing why we didn’t make them earlier because they’re super tasty!
Watch how our Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries are made!
The flavors are outstanding. We add parmesan, some paprika, fresh herbs and other spices to really add amazing flavor to the humble zucchini sticks. They’re simply delicious and a perfect zucchini fry appetizer for anytime you’re wanting a simple dish to have a party. Even beyond a great finger food, they’re definitely lighter than potatoes. These zucchini fries are baked and all the wonderful flavors get cooked into the zucchini. Each bite is wonderful and low carb!
These are so good. You may never go back to regular fries again. Well, at least not as often.
- 1 1/2 lbs. zucchini ,cut lengthwise into wedges (about 3 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs - thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary, etc...
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste (freshly ground if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine Parmesan, dried herbs, smoked paprika and garlic powder salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the zucchini with olive oil and roll in parmesan/herb mixture to coat all sides. Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with extra parmesan/herb mixture if needed.
- Bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.