There’s no reason to not love vegetables, especially grilled zucchini. Our Vegetarian grilled zucchini salad recipe has been a hit with everyone and no one ever misses the meat. In fact, it’s one of our most popular dishes for parties because there’s so much flavor and texture, everyone is extra estatic to find out that it’s vegetarian. Vegetarian recipes are super delicious, especially vegetarian salads like this one that’s loaded with color, other veggies, outstanding flavors and great textures that ties all the best veggie ingredients into one bite. The balsamic lemon vinaigrette is what helps tie all the flavors together and it’s an outstanding, flavorful dressing!
Watch the video of Vegetarian Grilled Zucchini Salad
Zucchini is truly one of the most versatile vegetables and during Summer, zucchini explodes. So grilling up a few thick slices that are seasoned well with salt and pepper is the starting point to this fantastic Summer salad. Chop up the zucchini and add pretty much what you like. We suggest tomato, fresh herbs and a flavorful vinaigrette. This vegetarian zucchini salad is super versatile. We added quinoa for the addition of a healthy whole grain. You can even add any whole grain that you want. Add what you like and everyone will love eating healthier. This salad pairs perfectly with Summer grilled meats like pork, ribs, brisket and chicken. You’ll definitely need a great healthy salad recipe to accompany these rich meats and you won’t be disappointed! Zucchini lovers will appreciate you bringing a big bowl of this amazing salad.
Check out a Few of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some smokers, grills, and tools make outdoor cooking all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Don't slice the zucchini too thin before you grill them since they will shrink down. We like it between 1/4"-1/2" thick before grilling. That way you'll get a nice lit bit of crust balanced against the softer interior.
- 3 medium zucchini , cut into 1/2” thick slices
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil , for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) minced red onion
- 4 oz. (113g) feta cheese
- 1 (15 oz- 425g) can black beans, white beans or chickpeas (drained)
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup cooked or grilled corn kernels, (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- Cook quinoa to package instructions and allow to cool completely. Set aside.
- Heat grill. Lightly brush zucchini slices and season all sides with salt and pepper. Grill each side of zucchini until brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Chop grilled zucchini into large bite sized pieces.
- In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano) Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
In the same dressing bowl, add the zucchini, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, beans or chickpeas, and basil or corn. Gently toss everything together.
- You can eat it right away at room temperature or serve chilled for the next day. Enjoy!