Grilled Zucchini Salad Recipe
There’s no reason to not love vegetables, especially grilled zucchini. Our Vegetarian grilled zucchini salad recipe has been a hit with everyone and no one ever misses the meat. In fact, it’s one of our most popular dishes for parties because there’s so much flavor and texture, everyone is extra estatic to find out that it’s vegetarian. Vegetarian recipes are super delicious, especially vegetarian salads like this one that’s loaded with color, other veggies, outstanding flavors and great textures that ties all the best veggie ingredients into one bite. The balsamic lemon vinaigrette is what helps tie all the flavors together and it’s an outstanding, flavorful dressing!
VIDEO: Vegetarian Grilled Zucchini Salad
Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there that is never needed. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Some days we just need to keep the little things contained on the grill. Throw them all into a basket and grill from there. Easy-peasy.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Don't slice the zucchini too thin before you grill them since they will shrink down. We like it between 1/4"-1/2" thick before grilling. That way you'll get a nice lit bit of crust balanced against the softer interior.
- 3 medium zucchini , cut into 1/2” thick slices
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil , for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) minced red onion
- 4 oz. (113g) feta cheese
- 1 (15 oz- 425g) can black beans, white beans or chickpeas (drained)
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup cooked or grilled corn kernels, (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- Cook quinoa to package instructions and allow to cool completely. Set aside.
- Heat grill. Lightly brush zucchini slices and season all sides with salt and pepper. Grill each side of zucchini until brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Chop grilled zucchini into large bite sized pieces.
- In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano) Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
In the same dressing bowl, add the zucchini, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, beans or chickpeas, and basil or corn. Gently toss everything together.
- You can eat it right away at room temperature or serve chilled for the next day. Enjoy!