Grilled Garlic Zucchini
This easy grilled zucchini recipe with garlic is one of Summer’s best zucchini recipes on the bbq. It’s the perfect zucchini vegetarian side dish. You can serve this bbq zucchini recipe all summer long. YUM!
Grilled Zucchini Recipe
Make this super delicious grilled zucchini with garlic when Summer gives you too much zucchini. There’s a point when we’re all overloaded with zucchini or need some new zucchini recipes to whip up. Well have you ever thought of bbq zucchini or grilling it to a delicious char? It’s a fabulous way serve zucchini as a great vegetarian side dish along salads or inside a sandwich. A grilled zucchini sandwich is always a favorite veggie meal! Our garlicky marinade takes boring zucchini to a super popular vegetable dish! Even those who say they don’t like zucchini are obsessing over our grilled garlic zucchini.
Video: Easy Grilled Garlic Zucchini Recipe:
How to Serve Grilled Zucchini
- You can eat the zucchini on it’s own as a very low carb and keto friendly dish. If you’re keto, then make sure the sauce is sugar free.
- Serve as a side dish along with grilled meats, chicken or seafood. It’s great when served with some grilled salmon. or you can cook the salmon on a grill pan.
- Make a delicious vegetarian sandwich with these grilled zucchini slices
- Add it to a pizza as a topping. Just chop it up and you’re ready to have a pizza party.
- Chop it up and add it to a salad like our popular grilled zucchini salad.
- For best flavor, try to use fresh garlic cloves but garlic powder will work if that is what you have on hand. (Make-ahead garlic tip: crush or mince a bunch of garlic ahead of time. Place it in a jar and cover with oil, then store it in the fridge until you are ready to use for any recipe.)
Garlic Grilled Zucchini
- 2 large (2 large) zucchini (sliced about 1/2 “ thick)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) ketchup
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Grill Brush , optional
- Slice the zucchini into 1/2-inch thick steaks length-wise.
- Make the marinade: in large ziplock bag or large bowl, combine vegetable oil, garlic, Worcestershire or soy sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper. Rub the bag between your hands or whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- Place zucchini strips in the bag or bowl and massage the marinade into the zucchini. Marinade the zucchini for about 15 minutes.
- Grill: Pre-heat grill to medium-high (if possible). Scrape the grill grates to make sure they're clean.
- Grill the zucchini for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nicely charred and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Favorite BBQs & Tools for Making Smoking and Grilling:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable.
Oklahoma Joe’s Reverse Flow Offset Smoker –
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
Oasity BBQ Light –
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Traeger ‘Que Classic BBQ Sauce –
A good sauce is the finish touch to great BBQ. Get a little sweet and heat or check out the rest of their sauce line-ups for other options.
Flame Boss Wifi Temperature Control – A gadget geeks smoking dream. Control your grill and smoker’s temp. from your phone. Adjusts air flow, determines meat temperature. Gadget awesomeness!
Weber Charcoal Chimney Starter –
The perfect way to light lump charcoal or briquettes.
Premium Lump Charcoal –
Burns hotter and longer. Give a great smoke flavor without needing to add wood chips. Our preferred fuel for smoking meats.
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and updated most recently in 2023.
Easy toppings for zucchini
After you cooked the zucchini, you can add your favorite toppings to customize the dish.
- You can always add some of your favorite chopped herbs on top for a fresh and healthy flavor.
- season with some lemon juice for extra acidity and brightness.
- Add some grated parmesan cheese.
- Extra olive oil. The flavor is fantastic.
More Easy Zucchini Recipes
- Click here for—> Quinoa Salad with Grilled Zucchini
- Always Popular —> Healthy Zucchini Noodle Recipes
- Yummy –> Baked Zucchini Fries
- Low Carb–> All of Our Awesome Zucchini Recipes
- Hope you enjoy our grilled garlic zucchini recipe! Here’s more inspiration on growing zucchini.
- This recipe was originally publish din 2017 and re-published with updated video.