Our Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup has tremendous flavor and wonderful bean texture. You don’t have to pre-soak the beans at all and in about 75 minutes, you have a delicious ham and bean soup for the whole family. Here’s our complete list of all our popular–> pork recipes.
How to Make Ham and Bean Soup in Pressure Cooker?
First of all, it’s super easy to make Instant Pot Pressure Cooker ham and bean soup. Seriously, we never thought making ham and bean soup would be this easy. Second of all, we’ve made so many variations of ham and bean soup in the stove top and the slow cooker. With different tests of soaking and not-soaking the beans, the flavors are great but they all take time to prepare. None of it is quick and when you’re looking for a quick and easy ham and bean soup recipe, you often will be compromising flavor. But when you make ham and bean soup in the Instant Pot, you’ll be in for a real treat! The time to make a huge batch like this is literally under an hour and a half, but without sacrificing flavor and texture.
Do beans taste good and how long to cook the beans in the Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot pressure cooker cooks the beans perfectly and stews all the flavors together wonderfully. The beans were tender, delicious and the rest of the vegetables and ham were delicious. It took about an hour and a half of pressure cooking in the Instant Pot.
Watch our Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup Recipe
There’s plenty of delicious and savory ham flavor that you really barely need any salt because between the stock and the ham, everything was well seasoned. We were a little cautious about how the dried beans would cook and if they would be mushy. But they weren’t mushy at all and this bean soup was definitely one of the best we ever had. If you decide to use a smoked ham hock, you’ll have even more flavor and be super delighted with the outcome. And have you ever tried making dessert in an Instant Pot? Here’s a fabulous Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe to try your hand at making sweets! Click Here for More—> Delicious Instant Pot Recipes and Wonderful Slow Cooker Recipes
OUR POPULAR –> INSTANT POT PORK ROAST WITH VEGGIE GRAVY RECIPE
CLICK HERE FOR–> ALL OUR INSTANT POT AND SLOW COOKER RECIPES
Popular Recipe! —> Our TENDER AND JUICY POT ROAST RECIPE
OUR DELICIOUS —-> CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
Here’s the official link to Instant Pot.
Our Favorite Cookers & Goodies for Entertaining:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
Stoneware Radial Salad Plate – Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia – We love the handmade feel of these salad plates that Chip and Joanna Gaines created for their Target collaboration. Beautiful everyday dishware.
The clean Modernist lines and subdued gold mirror finish on this flatware set.
- 1 large ham bone or ham hock, if needed cut at the joint so it will fit in the Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced ham
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion , diced (use a sweet onion, it’s delicious!)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 large celery stalks , diced
- 2-3 large carrots , peeled and diced
- 1 pound dried navy beans , great Northern Beans, pinto beans, etc…
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1 cup chopped kale or cabbage, optional (to make it healthier!)
- minced parsley for garnish, optional
- Turn Instant Pot on "Sauté”, and add oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ham bone, diced ham, broth, Worcestershire, celery, carrots, dried beans, bay leaf, dried thyme, optional ground cumin, salt and pepper. And add any additional optional veggies. Stir the mixture.
- Close the lid, set to high pressure, and after the pressure cooker reaches full pressure, cook for 75 minutes (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot: Press "Cancel" to stop the "Sauté" setting. Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 75 minutes.)
- After the cooking time is complete, press "Cancel" and carefully release the pressure.
- Remove ham bones and any excess fatty chunks from the Instant Pot and pull off any ham meat and cut into small pieces. Add the ham back into the Instant Pot. Give the soup a good stir and add additional salt and paper, to taste.
- Garnish with minced parsley (optional). Serve warm with bread.
Recipe was tested in a 6-quart Instant Pot.