Garlic Butter Green Beans
We love this garlic butter green beans recipe! If you’re ever craving green beans to add to your steak dinner or holiday meal, these garlic green beans are the best to pair with the menu! Wow, these garlic butter beans are super simple and delicious, especially if you want to make it for the holidays.
Super Easy Green Beans Recipe with Garlic Butter
When you’re preparing a feast and need a simple green vegetable side dish to add, a platter of these garlic butter green beans will be the perfect addition. Simply prepared yet loaded with flavor, these green beans pair perfectly with meats, seafood and of course any holiday meal.
Video: delicious garlic butter green beans recipe
The garlic butter flavor infuses into the green beans, which is why they’re so delicious. There’s really no limit to the amount of garlic to add. If you seriously love garlic, then add double the amount that we have written in the green beans recipe. We add lemon zest and additional lemon juice on top for extra brightness. Every bite is flavorful, healthy and bright. Just boil the green beans to your preferred texture and you will be the hero at the meal. These green beans are even delicious as leftovers. We had some leftover green beans for a dinner with our fresh grilled salmon and it was the perfect vegetable dish with seafood. And better yet, if you have vegetarian friends, this is THE best green beans to share with them. They’ll really appreciate you and your veggie creations!
This recipe was originally published 2017 and re-published in 2018 with an updated video!
Garlic Butter Green Beans
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) fresh Green Beans , ends trimmed and cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 small (1 small) Onion , diced
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) Garlic , minced
- Kosher Salt or seasoned salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- zest of 1 medium Lemon
- squeeze of fresh Lemon Juice , to taste
- Add green beans into a large skillet and cover with water. Salt the water generously. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer and cook the beans until they are tender to your preferred texture. Drain the green beans.
- In the same skillet, remove all excess water. Melt butter or add olive oil. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until onions and garlic are softened and lightly browned. Add green beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon zest and squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve warm.
Here’s more recipes for healthy green beans! If you made this recipe please share with us in the comments below or on social media! We’d love to see your photos so we can share with our community!