Meatloaf is a humble comfort food that is fabulous when you have a great meatloaf recipe to start with.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
We’ve had many different meatloaf dinners over the years and loved every single delicious meatloaf bite. It’s a classic dish that is loved by so many but doesn’t get enough love when it comes to serving it to friends or at dinner parties. But we’re here to say that meatloaf is awesome and deserves to be served at parties and not just at your average everyday weeknight meal. Though it’s great for weeknight meals too, meatloaf definitely can be an elegant and special occasion dish.
Video: Best Juicy Meatloaf Recipe:
Easy Meatloaf Recipe in Oven
Our favorite meatloaf recipe is this one that has lots of meaty flavor from the Worcestershire sauce, garlic and spices. What makes it super duper juicy is the onions, egg, ketchup and milk. It’s the perfect blend and combination of spices and moisture that results in a fabulous slice of juicy meatloaf. Don’t skimp and and serve a little bitty piece. Be generous and slice a nice thick slice and serve it with your favorite veggies or salad. Every bite will make you crave another bite and before you know it, your thick slice is all finished. Time for seconds if there’s any left!
Make leftover Meat Loaf Sandwiches! They Rock. Here’s our version.
To find the perfect proportion of salt and seasonings try this technique. After you’ve mixed the beef mixture together well, cook up a small piece and taste it. From there, you can make adjustments before you bake the meatloaf. This is a food proof way to make sure that your meatloaf is perfect to your palate. enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef , pork, chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced onion , about 1/4 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons bbq sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional, will make the sauce spicy)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an approx. 8.5"x4.5" bread loaf pan or baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the meatloaf ingredients (beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt, pepper, ketchup or tomato sauce, and milk). Cook a small piece of the meat at the point to taste for seasonings. If you want to add more salt/pepper, add it now before baking.
- Transfer the mixture to baking dish and gently smooth out the top, but do not press down too much on the meat. You don’t want the meat to be too dense by packing it down hard.
- Make the sauce: combine all the sauce ingredients (ketchup, bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and chipotle) and pour over the top and top edges of the meatloaf.
- Bake in oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until the loaf is cooked through and the internal temperature is at least 160°F (71°C).