We’re obsessed with our Instant Pot and pressure cooking recipes. After making so many batches of our beef stew recipe in the instant pot, we’re busy in the test kitchen with so many more awesome recipes. Today is all about chicken vegetable soup in the Instant Pot. It’s super duper easy and amazingly fast! You won’t believe how quick and easy chicken soup can be made for the whole family. Chicken vegetable soup is healthy, wholesome, comforting and loved by everyone. It’s the perfect side dish to accompany dinner or you can easily make it into a light and healthy dinner.
Love our Instant Pot that we bought online.
Video of Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
Our popular slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe was a hit and now our Instant Pot version is equally delicious and super quick! The Instant Pot is one of the many pressure cookers that can sear and cook dinner all in the snap of the finger. It has features that can cook in so many different ways: slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker and more. When you’re in a bind and want a quick and scrumptious dinner, pressure cooking is the answer. Each pressure cooker works a little bit differently with different buttons and functions, but this recipe can apply to all pressure cookers.
Our Favorite Cookers & Goodies for Entertaining:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
Stoneware Radial Salad Plate – Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia – We love the handmade feel of these salad plates that Chip and Joanna Gaines created for their Target collaboration. Beautiful everyday dishware.
The clean Modernist lines and subdued gold mirror finish on this flatware set.
The best part about this Instant Pot is that it sears. So much flavor comes from the onions, garlic and beef. So unlike most slow cookers that can’t sear, this one can do it easily AND cook food quickly at the same time.
Tender, delicious and amazing beef stew!
Our Slow Cooker Version of this delicious Chicken Soup Recipe
Please refer to your specific pressure cooker manual for complete product cooking use. Every model and brand will be slightly different. If your pressure cooker does not have a searing function, you can pre-sear on a pan over the cooktop or just skip the searing steps. This recipe was tested in the 6qt. Instant Pot. Depending on your pressure cooker's functions, you may want to sauté the onions, garlic, and chicken on a pan first, and then add them into the pressure cooker and continue the recipe from there.
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) cooking oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 5 cups (1180ml) chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- additional salt and pepper , to taste (optional)
- 1 medium carrot , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1 small zucchini , cubed
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped broccoli (optional)
- minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- Turn Instant Pot on "Saute" settings, add olive oil, then add onions and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add chicken and sear on both sides until brown. Add broth, bay leaf, thyme leaves, worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot- Press "Cancel" to stop the "Saute" setting. Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 15 minutes.)
- After the cooking time is complete, press "Cancel" and carefully release the pressure.
- Once pressure completely releases, open lid and gently shred the chicken. If you like cubed chicken in your soup, you can remove the chicken then cut it into small bite sized pieces and then return to the broth.
- Add the carrots, celery and zucchini. Close lid and pressure cook for an additional 5 minutes. When cooking has finished press "Cancel" and release the steam pressure again.
- Add the broccoli, stir the hot soup so that the broccoli can quickly cook to become tender. If you like soft broccoli you can always add it together with the rest of the veggies. We don't want our broccoli to get too mushy, that's why we add it last.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Garnish soup with minced parsley. Serve warm.