Chicken Wing Recipes are often fried, baked or grilled. Sometimes the recipes for chicken buffalo wings are loaded with butter and grease. But you don’t have to give up one of the most popular chicken appetizers because of the calories. We have had options for healthy chicken buffalo wings such as our healthy sriracha chicken wings recipe.
The same idea for making healthier chicken wings carries over to different spicy hot sauce flavors such as Tabasco sauce. This popular hot sauce favorite is made into a healthy sauce so you can get the best of both worlds if you’re a fan of wings and Tabasco!
Here’s a recipe for Healthy Sriracha Chicken Wings
Healthy Tabasco Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2-3 lbs. Chicken Wings
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic , crushed or minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced Shallots
- 8 oz. (227g) Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a couple sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Pat dry the chicken wings. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on the sheet pans.
- Bake wings in oven for about 40-45 minutes, flip them about halfway through baking time, after the first 20 minutes.
- While the wings bake, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer then remove from the heat. Taste the sauce and adjust to your personal preference; adding more Tabasco for spice, brown sugar for sweet, or soy sauce as desired.
- After the wings have finished baking, toss them in a large bowl with the sauce, then serve.