Red White and Blue Watermelon Salad
This red white and blue watermelon salad recipe is perfect for Summer BBQ parties! It’s refreshing, delicious and colorful 4th of July Watermelon salad. This delicious salad is perfect for potlucks!
Watermelon Salad Recipe
It has all the colors of the American flag and best of all, all the fruity and refreshing flavors are perfect for any July 4th BBQ. It’s also a super pretty salad because we used star cookie cutters to make the star shapes out of the watermelon slices. Using two different sized starts, we had a blast cutting out the star shapes and so it’s a perfect and easy watermelon recipe to make with your kids. The blue comes from fresh blueberries and the white comes from crumbled feta cheese. All the fresh, fruit and salty flavors combine perfectly together especially with the lemon zest and lemon juice.
Video for Watermelon Salad Recipe:
Check out some Tools for the Salad & Random Watermelon Stuff:
Here’s some of the favorites we’ve found around the web:
4th of July Watermelon Salad
Every 4th of July Summer potluck should have this red white and blue watermelon salad because the colors embody everything to celebrate such a great occasion. It’s also visually stunning and inspiring to put everyone in a patriot good for the 4th of July. So now that Summer grilling season is here and 4th of July is around the corner, this easy watermelon salad recipe will be the talk of the Summer parties. It’s not hard to eat two servings because not only it is fresh and delicious, it’s super fun to eat so many watermelon starts. Kids absolutely love this salad so make sure to have the help you in the kitchen too.
Wonder How To Cut a Watermelon? Watch our video Tutorial Here.
Red White & Blue Watermelon Salad
- 1 medium (1 medium) watermelon about 8-10 pounds (3.5-4.5 kg)
- 6 ounces (170 g) fresh blueberries , about 1 cup
- 2 ounces (57 g) feta cheese , crumbled
- zest of 1 medium lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chopped mint leaves (optional)
- Cut the watermelon into 1/2-inch thick slices. Using a star cookie cutter, cut out watermelon star shapes. Gently transfer the watermelon stars to a large bowl or platter.
- Add fresh blueberries and feta cheese. Zest lemon over the fruit, then drizzle the lemon juice over the salad. Gently toss the fruit, trying not to break the star shapes. Add mint leaves and chill salad for about an hour before serving.
Enjoy More of our easy Summer Recipes:
- More Watermelon Recipes
- Inside a watermelon margaritas
- Watermelon Feta Salad recipe
- Click Here for all our Amazing Summer Recipes! and corn recipes.
This recipe was originally published 2017 and re-publishedin 2020 with new images and information.