We’re always love bbq chicken in any form, style and recipe. In fact, we have quite a bbq chicken collection of recipes so far and we’ll always keep on adding bbq chicken recipes as long as we have chicken and bbq sauce! Today we’re sharing these awesome bbq chicken sliders. They’re not just any ordinary sliders, they’re pull apart bbq chicken sliders that’s perfect for parties, game day or any gathering! For anyone who loves sliders, these are the party-perfect bbq chicken sliders recipe because you can easily feed a crowd! It’s definitely the party slider dish that people not only love to eat, but cooks love to make because it’s easy and delicious for a group of friends. You use a big flat loaf of sweet rolls, add a bunch of cheese and when you pull them apart, the cheesy gooey happens when everyone starts to grab a slider. And here’s some great homemade potato rolls to try on these bbq chicken sliders!
Video of our Pull Apart BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe
We start with shredded roasted chicken because of the great flavor that the chicken has already. But you can easily grill or bbq some chicken if you want the extra flavor. There’s many different ways to cook the chicken choose your favorite technique! And of course, always choose great tasting bbq sauce. There’s so many awesome bbq sauces out there to choose from. The possibilities are endless and a great sauce will take your pull apart sliders to the moon and double awesome!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls-1 package
- 12 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese or 2 cups (480ml shredded cheese)
- 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 stick
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Make the garlic parsley butter: Add butter, garlic and minced parsley in medium bowl. Microwave until melted. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions until soft, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shredded chicken, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire sauce and bbq sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
Cut the slider buns in half. Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in the baking dish. Layer half of the cheese on the bottom buns. Top with bbq chicken mixture, then layer with the remainder of the cheese. Place the top halves of the buns on top.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the melted garlic parsley butter. Bake until the cheese melts and everything is warmed through, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.