Seriously Delicious Coleslaw
This Coleslaw recipe is always a favorite side dish to serve at a bbq or Summer gathering. Our recipe has fantastic flavor and texture. It’s tangy, flavorful and the perfect balance of sweet, creamy and tang.
Easy Coleslaw Recipe
There’s so many reasons to serve Coleslaw beyond the Summer bbq’s. It’s a classic and beloved side dish that is easy to make and goes well with grilled meats. There’s so much flexibility with our Easy Coleslaw recipe too. Instead of using regular green cabbage, there’s purple cabbage and Savoy cabbage that can be used. Our Coleslaw dressing is tangy, flavorful and the perfect balance of sweet, creamy and tang. This classic and favorite Coleslaw recipe isn’t set in stone. You can add and change up the dressing ingredients to make it your own. Like your Coleslaw recipe to be more sweet? Just add more sugar and if you like it tangier just add lore vinegar or mustard. Our favorite spice is the celery seed which adds such a great flavor to this Coleslaw. Serve it for dinner with some roast chicken or add it on top of sandwiches, sliders or burgers.
Watch how we make our amazing Easy Coleslaw recipe:
This coleslaw is fantastic and as you eat it more you’ll find so many more meals to serve it with! Make the dressing and set it aside. Then combine the cabbage and carrots. Combine the dressing and slaw mix about 20 minutes before serving. This will give a nice crunch to the salad. If you prepare it ahead of time, the slaw will release moisture and become softer. So you decide which texture you like best! If you make it let us know in the comments. Thanks so much!
Delicious Easy Coleslaw
- 6 cups (420 ml) thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 large (1 large) carrot , shredded
- 1 cup (224 g) mayo
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) mustard
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder , optional
- 1/4 cup (40 g) minced sweet onion or green onions
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried dill or dried herbs
- 1/4 cup (15 g) minced fresh parsley
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In large bowl combine dressing ingredients: mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, optional garlic powder & onion powder, onion, celery seeds, dried herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until everything is combined well and taste for additional seasonings.
- Stir in cabbage and carrots.Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours for the slaw to absorb the dressing and soften a bit. The longer the cabbage sits in the dressing, the softer and creamier it will become.
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2021 with updated video.
Other Great Side Dish Recipes
- Sesame Green Bean Stir Fry Recipe
- Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
- Healthy Kale & Pomegranate Salad
- Sriracha Shrimp Cocktail Salad Recipe
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
Check out–> our Popular Grilling Recipes
Click here for–> Awesome Summer Recipes